FP&A Analyst - Cargill Agricultural Supply Chain - North America
1 day left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
FP&A Analyst - Cargill Agricultural Supply Chain - North America-WAY05666 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The FP&A Analyst will provide analytical support to CASCNA leadership teams by monitoring performance ad identifying areas for improvement including cost optimization, volume and margin analysis, asset and working capital returns, and SG&A. It includes analyzing data to provide insight into evaluating acquisition targets, products and customers. This may include creating new data or metrics. This role will help drive business performance by focusing on both top-line growth and cost improvement. By relying on the Accounting & Finance organization to produce accurate and timely financial and management reports, this position provides analysis and insight on the direction of the business. This role is part of a shared analyst team focusing on projects across product lines and Enterprise priorities.
The analyst roles will interact critically with the other analysts, FP&A Leads, Group leadership, and may also act as point of contact to a commercial leader. This role will have breadth across businesses and operate across countries (Canada, USA, and Mexico). Building strong relationships within the function and business including leadership teams will be critical for value creation opportunities. Critical skills in analysis, communication of a set of information and point of view, influencing, and challenging the status quo are critical.
50% Financial Planning & Analysis
• Support the FP&A leads and CASCNA management by providing analysis and insight into the performance of the business.
• Identify analytics needs through a comprehensive understanding of their business and collaboration with stakeholders
• Partner with internal customers to develop analyses that lead to actionable insights that improve business decision making, performance, and business growth. Help implement action plans.
• Monitor operational performance including variance analysis and comparison against forecast and budget and communicate results to BU leadership including calls to action.
• Support with preparation of business plans, forecasts and budgets.
• Create and drive value within business (stretch targets). Measured by profit improvement (wider margins), lower cost and driving performance. Focus management on most critical risks and opportunities.
• Demonstrates an application of broad/diverse commercial knowledge with understanding of how all areas come together and operate as a business.
• Understands, translates, and provides insight into business performance against competitor & industry trends. Ability to connect the dots.
• Deliver clear presentations including defending positions on controversial topics; adapt style to continuously seek ‘win win' solutions.
• Communicates as an official spokesperson for the function within the business group and enterprise in a variety of settings.
• Translate financial metrics into key insight for operational and strategic decision making.
• Provide financial and business analysis on key business opportunities, including JV's, mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures.
20% Process Improvement
• Define and work with stakeholders to improve data integrity and usefulness, including identification of opportunities to improve operations and processes that impact data.
• Develop analytics and reports and support the team in driving consistent use of business support tools.
• Utilize and improve existing frameworks and reports to enhance the analytical environment in operations.
• Identify and establish new key performance metrics where appropriate
30% Ad-hoc Project Support
• Actively support CASCNA leadership on business and financial requests and analysis.
• Provide support for the CASCNA and the CASC Enterprise FP&A activity & projects.
• Active participation in various business finance initiatives and other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in Finance or other Business related degree
• 5 year's business analysis, strategic business development or finance experience.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills (deep-dive and high-level summary capability)
• Ability to integrate and interpret disparate sources of data using broad range of analytical data tools. Incorporates use of statistical methodology and predictive modeling techniques. Design, develop and implement value-added business analytics.
• Demonstrate strong commercial acumen. Able to understand the business (products/services, customers, processes) and their key drivers of success (how they make money, what the business costs are).
• Demonstrates high degree of curiosity. Invest time and energy into learning. Seeks different points of view and perspectives (internal and external).
• Relates to others with candor, openness, and transparency
• Demonstrated ability to interact and influence at all levels of the organization
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Demonstrated flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity
• Enthusiastic, hands-on and can-do attitude
• Ability to travel internationally & English proficiency
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
• Master's degree or higher in Business or Finance
• Experience in a commodities or manufacturing business
• Experience in modeling analytical tools (e.g. Tableau, Business Objects etc.)
• Experience with JD Edwards, SAP, Lynx ERP system, and Tableau.
Primary Location US-MN-Wayzata
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for FP&A Analyst - Cargill Agricultural Supply Chain - North America
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly