Sourcing Specialist I
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Sourcing Specialist I-WAY05664 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The Transportation Sourcing Specialist will support CTL sourcing and analytics projects as assigned. This position performs cross-BU sourcing activities, actively participates in the carrier negotiation process and leads mini bid events as required. S/he works as the focal point for all rate inquiries and respond to requests from business unit stakeholders. Responsible for preparing data for rate loading, managing the pre-audit process and conducts rate analysis as it relates to their area of focus. Establish and maintain supplier performance measures, databases and assist in developing CTL's abilities to provide market intelligence. This position will also assist in developing and executing processes to capture, organize and analyze shipment information for the North American truck mode. This role will interact with multiple business units, require cross-BU and functional collaboration and will require problem solving skills and a natural curiosity for driving continuous improvement.
55% Sourcing Support
: Support the CTL regional strategy with respect to carrier management (e.g. carrier selection, contract negotiations, relationship management). Collaborate with stakeholders to facilitate and monitor utilization of strategic supplier contracts and actively participate in the carrier negotiation process. Support carrier contracting efforts via eSourcing tool: RFI's, RFP's and scenario development. Apply industry knowledge to perform bid analysis, post-negotiation awards and oversee carrier onboarding process. Prepare data for rate loading and conduct analysis to support the match-pay freight payment process. Supports the sales organization by providing customer freight delivery economics. Acts as the focal point for all sales rate requests and deeply understand shipping requirements for stakeholders.
15% Spend Management
: Conduct truckload spend analysis. Review and monitor supplier performance scorecards. Create and maintain metrics reporting and value capture/measurement tracking tools. Apply broad industry knowledge to market analysis and freight studies specific to the assigned BU(s) and carrier partners. Monitors and ensures assigned BU's are meeting contractual agreements as it relates to volume and revenue requirements. Responsible for freight payable reconciliation and exceptions.
20% Client Business Unit Interaction
: Develop deep knowledge of client's customer delivery requirements, plant operational requirements and translate these to aide in sourcing events as well as carrier management. Resolve local carrier/operational issues with operations/client that impact our sourcing contracts. Maintain strong business relations with BU and carrier partners to streamline freight sourcing and carrier utilization.
: Perform miscellaneous projects and job related duties as assigned and/or required.
This position is posted internally as well as externally
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- BA/BS preferably in business, transportation, supply chain or equivalent business experience
- 2 years' experience in the areas of transportation, logistics, operations, SCM, finance, trading or other commercially-oriented roles
- Demonstrated client/customer focus role and strong relationship builder
- Demonstrated ability to excel in ambiguous situations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with expertise in Microsoft Excel (e.g. concatenating cells to conduct complex V-Lookups)
- Financial acumen, including financial modeling skills; strong analytical and strategic skills; experience with scorecards/metrics and database knowledge/skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently; ability to understand and prioritize business-strategic issues and impact
- Self-starter - highly motivated with demonstrated initiative
- Highly collaborative - ability to excel in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiation and problem solving skills
- Proven experience on how to get things done within a matrix organization
- Ability to travel up to 5%
- MBA/Masters transportation, supply chain or equivalent business experience
- 2 years' experience in the areas of transportation, logistics, operations, SCM, preferably in the truck mode
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Functional knowledge of technology systems, including SAP.
- Experience implementing process, systems, and organizational changes.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Job Transportation/Logistics and Forwarding
Primary Location US-MN-Wayzata
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Sourcing Specialist I
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly