Category Development Manager (9-12 month contract)
Grow your career with us, on this fixed term contract until 2018, as you take responsibility for Category Development across key customers for Kellogg Ireland.
With clear range & space KPIs, you will work as a core member of the Category Team to deliver Category Management insights & expertise to these customers and ensure Kellogg continue to win in the Irish marketplace across Cereals, Wholesome Snacks & Savoury Snacks categories. Be the unrivalled expert across all categories that Kellogg operate in both internally & with all Kellogg customers.
Lead with us as you drive outstanding Kellogg presence at the point of purchase with key customers through driving space & availability of the Kellogg portfolio with all key customers in Ireland. Create & execute the category management vision across these customers.
Be a part of a food company that delights the world through foods and brands that matter!
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
As a Category Development Manager, you will deliver and grow business results for the Irish Market by:
- Ensuring Category Growth Partnerships are achieved & maintained with all customers and to influencing category & Kellogg growth across Cereal, Wholesome Snacks & Crisps
- Growing Kellogg sales, OP and market share by maximising brand visibility at the point of purchase, increasing Kellogg share of space against KPIs, and maximising distribution of all Kellogg products
- Successfully influencing the customers decision making processes on product space, range, location & availability that ensures maximum benefit the category overall, & for Kelloggs
- Directly influencing National Account & Field Sales teams in the achievement of store space & distribution compliance, as well as NPD performance metrics
- Identifying & leveraging additional opportunities for the categories through monthly reporting and insights with National Account & Marketing teams
- Fully leveraging data software (Ac Nielsen, KANTAR, Dunnhumby) to identify issues & opportunities for the categories & Kelloggs - diagnose and drive the action plans for the business & the customer
- Continuously growing your knowledge of Kellogg category development & trade marketing best practice. Liaising with business units in Dublin & Geneva to share learnings
- Deputising for Head of Category Development as required
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Sales, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- Solid FMCG experience in a similar role
- Proficient in Space Planning Software (SpaceMan, JDA or similar) & data extraction tools, e.g.: (Nielsen Nitro/Answers, Dunnhumby Shop, KANTAR)
- Experience with data analysis & insight generation
- Advanced MS Office skills (MS Excel & Powerpoint particularly)
- Educated to degree level in relevant discipline (Retail Management, Business management, Marketing)
- Senior level FMCG customer engagement
- Experience of working within a team environment
- Proven record of demonstrating initiative
- Excellent communication & people skills
WHAT ELSE DO I NEED TO KNOW?
This is an office based role with limited travel within Ireland & Europe.
There may be a need to be flexible with hours where necessary.
This is a 9 to 12 month contract.
If you experience any difficulty when applying please contact email@example.com.
Please note that the closing date may be subject to change. We will interview suitable candidates as they apply, so please dont hesitate to take this opportunity to submit your application as soon as possible.
If you would like to be immediately notified of new Kelloggs opportunities, please go to ‘Create or access my profile and complete the information required in the ‘Job Alerts section. You will then receive email alerts as soon as new jobs are advertised.
The Kellogg Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strives to provide an inclusive work environment that involves everyone and embraces the diverse talent of its people.
Apply for Category Development Manager (9-12 month contract)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly