4 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
This is an exciting new role with an expanding food company in the Eugene Oregon area. They are seeking to hire an experienced Quality Assurance Technician to maintain quality related policies and procedures within their existing range of products. If you are looking to join a reputable company and grow your career- apply now!
Quality Assurance Technician Responsibilities:
- Help develop, manage and maintain the highest standards of food safety and QA systems.
- HACCP Program Support: Maintains a thorough knowledge of quality systems including HACCP programs. Stays current with changing regulatory requirements, implements and communicates new processes and procedures to remain compliant. Performs Critical Control Point checks as outlined in the HACCP and SQF requirements.
- Certifications: Supports the plant team during internal, third party or government inspections and audits. Assists with all re-certification audits for the Los Angeles production facility (SQF, HACCP, GMP).
- Inspections: Performs process checks throughout the production and packaging functions, including GMP, metal detection, label and coding verification, general hygiene and safety, as well as in process and finished product weights. Conduct verification of the proper functioning of testing equipment such as thermometers and scales.
- Investigations: Checks and investigates customer returns and complaints; follows up on possible reasons for complaint (temperature abuse, date expiry, over order, etc.). Performs micro analysis if required.
- Records and Reporting/Verification: Follows and maintains corporate policies relating to Food Safety and Quality. Keeps accurate records of findings and corrective action for trace ability.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of training records, SOPs and product specifications.
- Training and monitoring of staff when required.
- Participate in process improvement projects.
- Complete production records and line reports for management review.
- Instill a high product quality mentality through all levels of production and packaging.
Quality Assurance Lead Qualifications:
- 2 years minimum previous experience in Quality Control/ Quality Assurance.
- Food industry (manufacturing) experience required.
- University Degree in Food Science or related fields.
The selected Quality Assurance Lead will receive an attractive salary and benefits.
If you are seeking the opportunity to grow your career in a successful, expanding company- please send your resume in word format with highlighted achievements today!
Apply for QA Technician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly