National Safety Manager
1 day left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
As the nation's leading bottled water company, Nestlé Waters North America is dedicated to providing customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we're also committed to developing our people - enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed.
Nestlé Waters consists of four business units: Corporate, Retail, Supply Chain and ReadyRefresh by Nestlé.
Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you'll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that's challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You'll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It's a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions - all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers.
ReadyRefresh by Nestlé
is one of the most visible parts of the Nestlé Waters business, delivering healthy hydration to customers where they need it most. It's another example of how we are committed to helping people maintain a healthy lifestyle. You've no doubt seen our trucks on the road, on their way to bring our water and tea products to thirsty consumers. Our drivers and unit leaders are the backbone of the ReadyRefresh team. By joining this fast-growing area of our organization you'll have the opportunity to share in our mission with a real sense of ownership and the freedom to succeed in your role. It's a chance to apply your skills and experience to work that's as challenging as it is rewarding. Whether collaborating as team to deliver superior customer service or making a lasting impact with your individual accomplishments, you'll be an essential and valuable element of our success. We'll make sure you receive the support, benefits and development you need to build the perfect career.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Manager, National Safety reporting to the ReadyRefresh National SHE Director and based in Stamford, CT. This position will be responsible to inspire and empower excellence in safety, health and environmental sustainability across the site/unit. Develop the Site/Unit for Nestle's Operational Master Plan on Environmental Sustainability and drive its implementation through the application of the Nestlé Environmental Management System (NEMS). Provide leadership across all parts of the site/unit to enable staff to realize their goals on Environmental Sustainability and create pride in their achievements.
Key responsibilities for this position include but are not limited to:
- Create a compelling understanding of the Nestlé Safety & Health values and inspire stakeholders to excel in compliance, prevention, no-harm culture, leveraging Nestle's Continuous Improvement Foundations. Promote a behavioral approach to Environmental Sustainability, based on Nestlé Leadership Framework.
- Identify Occupational Safety and Health priorities, current & future challenges, and opportunities for change at site and business unit levels. Develop a holistic strategy and implementation plan, aligned with Market priorities & objectives, and with the overall business master plan. Guide implementation and communication of the strategy at sites across business.
- Guide implementation of the OHSAS and Nestle Management Systems, and other Occupational Safety and Health. Develop and continuously improve Safety and Health standards and tools to deliver compliance and performance improvements and assure proper emergency response and crisis management. Ensure local management system certification.
- Ensure training and coaching is provided to managers and team leaders to help them take ownership, and lead & execute Safety and Health requirements within their area of responsibility. Provide personal coaching and support to Site/Unit Management Team. Develop and maintain subject training content.
- Develop ReadyRefresh Safety Health and Environment (SHE) champion functional competencies and skills to support execution. Develop SHE team functional and leadership competencies in environmental compliance and sustainability. Leverage best practices among Market Nestlé SHE function.
- Ensure managers receive trusted and expert support on relevant environmental regulatory (OSHA, DOT/FMSCA, NFPA, internal Nestle standards) and sustainability matters. Identify expertise and Best practices from inside and outside Nestlé and communicate them internally.
- Coordinate internal & external resources to ensure delivery of high quality and efficient support on Safety and Health topics, including ergonomics, noise, PPE, hazard communication, emergency preparedness, and driver selection and training. Leverage internal data systems and other tools to monitor & analyze performance and improve decision making.
- Ensure SHE compliance is regularly audited and performance assessed, and the results used to drive further improvement. Promote effective communication of successes and learnings, and recognition for strong performers and contributors.
- Engage with external stakeholders (eg, regulators, local communities) on Safety and Health topics to build long term, productive relationships. Participate in external forums to benchmark with other companies, and learn as well as share best practices.
- Partners with other key functions to deliver on a variety of cross functional initiatives including legal, procurement, HR, packaging, engineering, operations, quality, continuous improvement team, etc. Actively engages with internal and external SHE community members to ensure standard processes among the various functions.
Key measures for this position include but are not limited to:
- Compliance with regulatory and Nestlé Standards. Continuous improvement in Safety and Health performance.
- Site Safety and Occupational strategy and implementation plan, with leading & lagging indicators. Site contribution to our public commitments on Safety and Health.
- OHSAS/internal certifications, Safety and Health programs, independent audit reports, Nestle Functional Compliance Assessment reporting.
- Capabilities and behaviors of line managers and functional heads, eg observations on Safety and Health.
- Leading and lagging Safety and Health metrics. Use of environmental sustainability scorecards across the site/unit.
- Internal audit program, including Functional Compliance Assessments. Management reviews. Exceptional Compliance Issues reporting. Site/unit communications and awards programs.
- Participation in external forums. Positive view of Nestle Waters Safety and Health programs and performance among stakeholders.
Key qualifications for this position include but are not limited to:
- Diplomas in safety and occupational health management, engineering or sciences. ASP, CSP, CIH, ARM or similar professional certification preferred
- Full range of Safety and Occupational Health risks and controls. Regulatory tracking and compliance process development and implementation. Structure and requirements of OHSAS or ISO 18001.
- Took ownership of Safety and Health and led change through personal leadership.
- Analyzed complex problems to identify multiple root causes
- Influenced behavioral change in a business unit.
- Worked in, and led, cross-functional teams.
- Translated policies & standards into practical action plans
- Coached individuals and teams in different environments.
- Held one or more line (or project) management positions.
- Worked in operational environment
- Communicated effectively with different organizational levels.
- Took proactive approach to anticipate issues or improve current practices.
We offer competitive pay based on education, experience, and other qualifications. We offer comprehensive benefits including medical, prescription, dental, vision, flexible spending, company paid and supplemental life insurance, short and long term disability, Employee Assistance Program, 401(k) with match, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and more.
Nestlé Waters North America is the nation's leading bottled water company. Our water brands include Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park, Zephyrhills and Ice Mountain, Nestlé Pure Life, San Pellegrino, Perrier and Acqua Panna. Our tea brands are Nestea, Tradewinds and Sweet Leaf. We're passionate about creating shared value for society in all kinds of ways: from providing careers and benefits to communities where we operate to environmental stewardship - most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America. As a valuable part of our team, you'll receive a competitive total rewards package - something that will provide you with the support you need to thrive both inside and outside of work. It's not just the work that you'll find fulfilling here though. As you build a career with us, you'll receive exactly the kind of benefits you'd expect from a leading name in healthy hydration. The only question is, what elements will help you succeed at Nestlé Waters?
Apply for National Safety Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly