Global Credit Risk Manager - Cargill Risk Management
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Global Credit Risk Manager - Cargill Risk Management-HOP04147
Please note: This position is located in Minneapolis/St. Paul; Cargill sponsored relocation is required.
The CRM Global Credit Risk Manager provides leadership, risk management, and visibility to CRM's global OTC derivative credit risk across multiple commodity businesses including Agriculture, Energy, Metals, and Petrochemicals. The manager has the expertise and knowledge to influence timely and strategic credit decisions. This position will recommend and maintain effective credit risk standards, policies, procedures and limits in accordance with all corporate and regulatory standards. The Global Credit Risk Manager will drive insights on global credit, commodity markets and risk trends and will identify opportunities to further improve our management of credit exposures across the various CRM product lines shaping our global strategy. This position will report to the Business and Finance Lead and participate in other governance forums to provide effective oversight, guidance and challenge for credit risk management.
The role will develop a systematic approach to improve our processes in coordination with Finance Shared Services and drive activities to shared services according to the corporate credit to cash process.
Credit Risk Management (50%)
• Ultimate accountability for CRM's commodity derivative credit risk portfolio, including customer risk assessment, authorized limits, monitoring exposures, and managing potential defaults.
• Continually review the credit risk portfolio including stress and scenario testing. Identify potential credit reserve situations and work with accounting to set up reserves when appropriate.
• Ensure compliance with all Swap Dealer and other regulations.
• Ensure appropriate and consistent pricing of credit. Work with accounting to manage operating working capital.
• Maintain effective credit risk standards, policies, procedures and limits and ensure credit protection is fully understood and utilized with CRM.
• Manage the customer onboarding process.
• Continually improve our management of credit exposures.
• Participate as a member of the corporate FRC Credit sub-committee.
• Facilitate credit risk meetings with group leadership with a proactive credit view that highlights key credit risk and trends.
• Ensure effective use of working capital and optimal approach to risk/reward analysis.
People Management (30%)
• Manage the embedded credit team. Ensure team members are qualified to assess appropriate credit limits, effectively work with marketers, and meet our quality and productivity goals.
• Ensure the team provides exceptional service to our customer.
• Oversee credit analyst negotiations with customers.
• Develop and coach direct reports to a high performing team.
• Provide training, support, and communication with team to allow them to continue to grow and take on additional responsibilities.
• Key member of finance leadership team.
Lead migration to shared services (20%)
• Drive appropriate activities to shared services by partnering with the Credit to Cash Global Process Manager, Global Credit Risk Lead, and other CRM finance managers.
• Liaise with shared services to ensure standards are met including timely execution, quality of work, and clear escalation process.
• Continuously improve and streamline processes. Assess value of work being performed and change or eliminate processes where appropriate.
• Prioritize and facilitate implementation of improvement opportunities.
• Benchmark current risk practices with external companies and other Cargill business groups.
• Participate in corporate-wide governance oversight.
• Bachelor's degree or higher
• 7 years of financial business experience in a relevant area (credit, tax, finance, treasury, accounting)
• Proven leadership skills to drive enterprise change management and resolve conflicts.
• Experience working in a global organization
• Strong financial acumen
• Excellent collaboration and influencing
• Proven strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work with a culturally diverse team.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including interactions with senior corporate leaders.
• Ability to travel abroad up to 20% for key meetings and reviews.
• Understanding of fundamental credit drivers - particularly for stressed and distressed counterparties, including an understanding of collateral protections and bankruptcy law dynamics
• Experience in credit structuring and other risk mitigation techniques
• 10 years of global credit-related experience.
• Knowledge of traded and derivative products, including futures/options/swaps, mark to market, collateral margining and clearing for both futures and derivatives products on global markets.
• Knowledge of trade agreements (i.e. ISDAs), credit support covenants, and other contractual terms and conditions
• Knowledge of financial or commodity markets
Primary Location US-MN-Hopkins
Other Locations US-FL-Miami, US-NC-Charlotte, US-CA-Los Angeles, US-NY-New York, US-TX-Houston, US-IL-Chicago, US-MA-Boston
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Global Credit Risk Manager - Cargill Risk Management
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly