Sr. Paralegal: Mergers and Acquisitions - Cargill Legal Group
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Sr. Paralegal: Mergers and Acquisitions - Cargill Legal Group-WAY05662 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Please note: position is located in Minneapolis/St. Paul; Cargill sponsored relocation is required.
We are seeking an experienced M&A paralegal to join the Mergers and Acquisitions Global Practice Group. The paralegal will partner with lawyers and other legal team members on all facets of Cargill's global mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and equity investments. We offer an opportunity to use your M&A and related transactional expertise to build strong client relationships and become knowledgeable about multiple businesses in the company.
• 35% Due Diligence: Lead/coordinate transactional legal due diligence, including (i) conducting lien searches and reviewing and evaluating lien search results, (ii) performing certain diligence activities (e.g., corporate documents and contracts), (iii) coordinating internal legal due diligence activities, (iv) drafting due diligence reports, and (v) coordinating with Corporate Strategy and Development group on legal due diligence and broader company due diligence matters.
• 20% Communication: Communicate with clients, functional transaction team members, and opposing parties (and their counsel) regarding various aspects of M&A transactions, including direct support of transaction processes and execution.
• 20% Documentation: Support global preparation of Cargill confidentiality agreements in M&A transactions, including primary responsibility for drafting, reviewing, revising and negotiating such agreements. Draft transaction documents, including ancillary transaction documents, closing certificates, and corporate resolutions. Support the process of gathering and integrating stakeholder input on deal documentation. Regularly participate in negotiation process.
• 15% Closing Coordination: Prepare and track closing checklists, timelines and transactional documentation in the agreement, in order to coordinate, direct and manage the closing process of a transaction with various internal and external parties. Lead the process, post-closing, to track and disseminate key obligations and information.
• 10% Knowledge Management: Contribute to and assist with global knowledge management of Cargill M&A processes, practices and resources, including developing and maintaining M&A processes, templates, and training and communication materials.
• 7 years of legal experience
• Bachelor's degree and one of the following is also required: Paralegal certificate or comparable legal education from an accredited institution; or at least 3 years mergers and acquisitions paralegal experience handling legal matters and the willingness to obtain a paralegal certificate within first 2 years of employment.
• Strong analytical and research skills; detail oriented.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Self-motivated, self-confident, assertive and capable of handling complicated tasks.
• Ability to prioritize and demonstrate flexibility to accommodate demands of large transactions.
• Demonstrated history of, and commitment to, excellence, accountability and continuous growth and improvement.
• Proven history of building strong business partnerships and trust with others.
• Willingness to adapt and be open to change in order to achieve desired results.
• Strong project management skills, including process, conflict management and problem solving.
• Competence in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
• Large law firm or corporate experience with mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and equity investments.
• Cross-border experience.
• Foreign Language proficiency, preferably Spanish.
Primary Location US-MN-Wayzata
Other Locations United States
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Sr. Paralegal: Mergers and Acquisitions - Cargill Legal Group
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly