1 day left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Plant Engineer-LAK00480 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
DescriptionProviding quality value-added products for foodservice
The Cargill Value Added Protein (CVAP) combination brings together two high-performing businesses into an entity that has the potential to positively influence and create value for the foodservice industry and the Cargill enterprise. For stakeholders of both business units, this creates the opportunity to share expertise and enhance the value-added protein business segment together. CVAP is now organized into two Operating Units - beef and poultry - with 12 plants and 3,000 employees in the U.S. and Canada
In this role you will be responsible for driving improvements within the facility. This will include leading operational throughput initiatives to support plant operations as well as identifying, developing, and managing projects. The Plant Engineer will implement solutions related to plant strategic goals, troubleshoot operational issues, drive completion of action plans, execute projects, and share best practices amongst CVAP and liaison with the CVAP corporate engineering group. In coordination with CVAP corporate engineering, this role will have involvement in all design activities and/modifications of manufacturing equipment, layouts of plant and production equipment in order to provide the optimal utilization of facilities, utilities and efficiency and yields of processes.
In addition, the person in this role will utilize Computerized Maintenance Management System, SAP and other PC applications (Plant Floor Information Systems) to analyze process trends and develop actions for continuous improvements. Also, this person will participate in improving asset health thru Reliability Centered Maintenance. This role will support and promote a team-building environment that promotes stakeholder engagement and innovation.
This role will provide support in areas of operational excellence, maintenance and reliability, energy management, and environmental stewardship. Additionally, this role is responsible for executing safety initiatives and communicating safety awareness. This position will assure all GMP's, and SOP's are adhered to as required.
Direct accountability, leadership and oversight over assigned projects and contractors necessary to complete the project. Has full responsibility for the management of capital projects including: facilitation of strategic capital portfolio, design details and justification of project scope, schedule and safety and cost management along with all associated project documentation
30% Works with plant stakeholders in Lake Odessa to identify, plan, & implement improvements to plant operations in regards to efficiencies of throughput, reliability, personal/food safety, environment, utilities, cost, and operational needs.
10% Works with other stakeholders/functions in Cargill Value Added Protein to meet customer needs for new and/or modified production capabilities. Share best practices amongst Cargill BU's.
10% Manages and maintains all internal/external environmental reporting requirements as defined by regulations and corporate guidelines.
- Bachelors degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or similar technical engineering discipline
- Minimum 1 year experience in a manufacturing engineer role
- Keen sense of priorities; sees what needs to be done, assesses degree of urgency and importance, and translates vision in to results. Demonstrated expertise in managing multiple tasks, projects, and deadlines in a highly dynamic environment
- •This position shall have the responsibility to report problems with the food safety management system to identified person(s). This position has the responsibility and authority to initiate and record actions.
- •Acquire and maintain knowledge of HACCP/OPRP/PRP (GMP) policies and requirements to complete all monitoring and/or verifications tasks as outlined in the policies and procedures and ensure that corrections and corrective actions, if needed, are taken per said requirements.
- Demonstrated strong leadership and communication skills
- Ability to develop and manage good working relationships with internal departments (Production, QA, Warehouse, Maintenance, contractors, suppliers, and inspectors)
- Positive attitude and problem solving mentality; Demonstrated Continuous Improvement proficiency
- This position shall require a sound performance record of working within strong teams, establishing collaborative relationships with internal/external customers and demonstrate effective communication techniques.
- Experience in project engineering, continuous improvement facilitation or other fields of endeavor;
- Computer literacy including: Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, SCADA, and ability to learn CMMS, SAP, and PFIS systems/software.
- Excellent communication skills (listening, written, presentation). Demonstrates the ability to effectively communicate and interact with all levels of the organization
- 5 years of experience in manufacturing enginnering &/or project management role
- Previous budget management experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Familiar with USDA, OSHA, EPA, Cargill Food Safety Construction Standards, Sanitary Design and Cargill Contractor Safety Standards
- Engineering, project management & continuous improvement experience within food manufacturing/processing industry
Primary Location US-MI-Lake Odessa
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Plant Engineer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly