Transportation, Logistics and Storage Manager - Americas
1 day left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Transportation, Logistics and Storage Manager - Americas-MIN04856 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The Real Estate Manager - Americas will be responsible for leading the regional warehouse (ambient and/or cold storage) / terminal (dry and liquid bulk) segment strategy, including development and execution, across all of Cargill's business units in the Americas region. This position will leverage deep understanding of the market segment and business/revenue opportunities for Cargill businesses, coordinate with stakeholders to develop regional warehouse/terminal segment and real estate sourcing strategies, negotiate with vendors and landlords, participate and contribute to real estate negotiations, and pursue new/growth opportunities.
Additional responsibilities include executing complex process design and implementation, developing sustainable performance measures across multiple business unit requirements, providing 3rd-party warehouse/terminal, distribution facility, and real estate market subject matter expertise, and serving as major issue-resolution liaison for multiple business units with strategic suppliers.
The position requires significant interaction/partnering with a diverse group of business units, corporate functions and 3rd-parties.
25% Partner with Cargill business units to deeply understand their supply chain storage, and real estate needs to satisfy customer requirements and identify opportunities for Cargill businesses. Assist BUs in making decisions to enable sustainable warehousing/terminaling and real estate solutions that are most favorable for the enterprise.
25% Source warehouse/terminal services and real estate solutions. Provide business unit representation during sourcing process, through negotiations and contracting, including driving change management efforts. Provide real estate expertise to support business unit warehouse/terminal requirements.
20% Support the global Storage & Real Estate strategy with respect to strategic supplier management (eg selection, contract negotiations, relationship management) by establishing and maintaining supplier scorecard measures, value measurement tracking, warehouse/terminal database, contract management process, management of issue resolution, etc. Serve as primary point of contact for both management and suppliers in warehouse/terminal segment. Serve as sourcing liaison between the business units and the suppliers.
10% Develop and maintain a sustainable process to capture key value measures and metrics, including cost savings, industry benchmarks, etc. Ensure common processes (eg Cargill Strategic Sourcing) and tools are aligned with CTL Operations Strategy and enterprise deployments; develop/share best practices across Cargill.
10% Provide supply chain distribution facility market subject matter expertise. Maintain market awareness across particular region(s) in scope for role where business units operate.
10% Serve as a consultant to management by facilitating the storage and real estate peer groups made up of key business unit stakeholders and developing new standards and practices. Challenge the peer group to identify opportunities for process standardization, best practice sharing, strategy, policymaking, etc. Other duties as assigned
This position is posted internally as well as externally
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Bachelor's Degree (preferably in business, logistics, transportation, supply chain management, or a related field).
- Minimum 8 years of total industry experience in a supply-chain/logistics-intensive business, including 2 years of experience in warehouse/terminal, distribution, logistics, real estate management, or a related field.
- Experience performing complex negotiations.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently; ability to understand and prioritize business issues and impact contributing to the development and execution of a long-term strategy in an environment with multiple stakeholders and interests.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to influence across all levels of the organization. Ability to represent the organization as an external spokesperson on major matters pertaining to supply chain distribution strategy.
- Strong quantitative skills including data analysis capabilities and ability to develop solutions requiring ingenuity and innovation.
- Demonstrated excellent business partnering skills, relationship building at all levels across multiple businesses and functions.
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment and develop creative solutions to complex problems with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lead projects involving multiple business units to heavily influence long-term organizational supply chain strategy.
- Demonstrated ability to challenge current practices and provide innovative solutions.
- Up to 15% travel.
- Advanced degree in a related field.
- Asset management and/or industrial/commercial real estate experience.
- Operational experience in warehousing, terminaling and/or distribution facilities.
- Process development and execution experience.
- Network optimization experience.
- Experience negotiating strategic supplier agreements.
- Finance background, and/or financial acumen and affinity, including financial modeling skills.
- Previous procurement and 3rd-party vendor management experience.
- Knowledge of or experience in food/ag business and food safety.
Job Transportation/Logistics and Forwarding
Primary Location US-MN-Minneapolis
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Transportation, Logistics and Storage Manager - Americas
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly