Regional Sales Manager - Central Region
4 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
POSITION TITLE: Regional Sales Manager - Central Region
REPORTING TO: Director of Sales - Central Region
LOCATION: Chicago, IL
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
With annual sales of CHF 6.7 billion (EUR 6.22 billion / USD 6.91 billion) in fiscal year 2015/16, the Zurich-based Barry Callebaut Group is the world's leading manufacturer of high-quality chocolate and cocoa products - from the origination and processing cocoa beans to producing the finest chocolates, including chocolate fillings, decorations and compounds. The Group runs more than 50 production facilities worldwide and employs a diverse and dedicated global workforce of over 9,300 people.
The Barry Callebaut Group serves the entire food industry, from industrial food manufacturers to artisanal and professional users of chocolate, such as chocolatiers, pastry chefs, bakers, hotels, restaurants, and caterers. The two global brands catering to the specific needs of these Gourmet customers are Callebaut® and Cacao Barry®.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the responsibility of the Director of Sales Central Region for food manufacturing sales, the titular will be responsible for sales of chocolate and semi-finished products in upper Midwest Region. This position sells the company's products and services using technical, organizational, and customer knowledge to influence customers and assist them in applying the products and services to their needs resulting in increased revenues.
- Maintain and manage existing accounts according to established sales and revenue goals
- Maximize sales margins according to established goals by monitoring/assisting with A/R contracts problems, credit hold issues balances, sales price quotes, customer contacts, production and supply chain problem resolution, market information and new product development projects, etc.
- Create and deliver sales presentations and close sales in an effective manner
- Develop and maintain effective sales forecasting, planning, and territory plans
- Research new customer needs and develop an application of products and services in an effective manner
- Develop and manage sales expense budget
- Ensures that a high professional level of customer service is maintained via resolution of complaints, troubleshooting product supply chain problems, client visits, industry networking, participation in trade shows, chocolate training to distributor's sales network, etc.
- Work closely with Cocoa Business Unit Account Sales Manager
- Help maintain product safety by adopting behaviours that meet the established requirements
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of activities and industry trends and technical developments that affect target markets
- Performs other duties, responsibilities, and special projects as assigned
Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in any related field plus 3 to 5 years of sales experience in a food related industry
- Basic business acumen and demonstrated quantitative skills
- Ability to work independently and as an effective team member
- Exercises professional conduct and sound judgment in all related areas
- Strong communication skills
- Impact, Influence, and Information Seeking
- Organizational Commitment
- Customer Service Orientation
- Relationship Building
- Organizational Awareness
Other Competencies Desired:
- Knowledge of industrial food ingredient customers in upper Midwest Region
- Knowledge of industrial chocolate and cocoa
- Ability to sell value-added food ingredients
Apply for Regional Sales Manager - Central Region
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly