Compliance Manager - Privacy and Information Security - Gerber Life Insurance Company
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Gerber Life Insurance Company has been providing superior quality life insurance products since 1967! We offer an array of insurance products to meet the needs of individuals and families, including The Grow-Up® Plan, The Gerber Life College Plan, and adult coverage products, including Term Life, Whole Life, Guaranteed Life, and Accident Protection. As an affiliate of Gerber Products Company, “the baby food people,” the two companies share a common goal: to help parents raise happy, healthy children. Gerber Products Company and Gerber Life are companies of the Nestlé organization.
This position is in the Fremont, MI location.
Gerber Life Insurance Company is an equal opportunity employer.
POSITION SUMMARY: Develop and implement legal, compliance and corporate governance policies and procedures to support the Gerber Life Privacy Program. Work with internal and external business partners in the development of and day-to-day oversight of Privacy matters.
Compliance Management: Taking business and legal priorities into account, develop and implement compliance policies and procedures to achieve general corporate and insurance compliance goals including:
Provide guidance to business partners and implement privacy policies, procedure and practices;
Oversight and coordination of privacy and information security compliance program activities, including privacy risk assessments, vendor due diligence and data management and protection.
Responsible for testing, monitoring and managing Privacy program initiatives along with members of Information Management and Security team.
Operate as a subject matter expert on privacy and information security compliance.
Assist with compliance change management efforts, ensuring that privacy requirements are identified and addressed;
Assist in the development of Privacy and Information Security training initiatives
Implement privacy protocols that comply with state and federal laws and regulations;
Ensure employees and contractors receive appropriate guidance on privacy responsibilities;
Evaluate new contracts, technologies, programs, and online activities for potential privacy and information security impact;
Work with IT team to identify and mitigate information security risks in programs and systems;
Review potential and actual privacy incidents. Manage the evaluation, tracking and resolution of privacy and information security incidents;
Co-chair the Privacy and Information Security Committee.
Procedure Manuals / Development and Maintenance: Ensure that documented compliance guidance is in place for internal associates as well as external business partners. Responsible for developing updating and maintaining Legal/Compliance Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
Legal Research: In consultation with Legal, research and analyze laws and regulations to provide written guidance to appropriate business units for implementation.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
• Bachelor's degree, Advanced degree (preferred)
• IAPP Privacy Certification (To be obtained within first year of employment)
• Minimum 5 years compliance or regulatory experience, insurance experience preferred
• Privacy experience, Privacy certification preferred
• Knowledge of legal research engines (e.g., Westlaw)
• Proficient with Microsoft Office
• Leadership skills with the ability to energize and coach others
• Knowledge of federal and state laws, regulations, and guidance related to security and privacy including but not limited to HIPAA, GLBA and NIST, including the ability to apply such knowledge.
• People skills including the ability to influence, gain commitment and effectively handle conflict
• Ability to take decisive action
• Excellent research, interpersonal skills
• Ability to identify and effectively manage and resolve compliance issues
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to organize and prioritize work
Apply for Compliance Manager - Privacy and Information Security - Gerber Life Insurance Company
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly