Safety, Health and Environmental Professional
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
As the nation's leading bottled water company, Nestlé Waters North America is dedicated to providing customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we're also committed to developing our people - enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed.
Nestlé Waters consists of five business units: Corporate, Retail, Supply Chain, Technical and Productions and ReadyRefresh by Nestlé. Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you'll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that's challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You'll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It's a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions - all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers.
Choose a career in Technical & Production and you'll be part of our logistics backbone - and a crucial element of our success. Our factories are where our products start their journey to the customer. This area of Nestlé Waters offers you the chance to experience collaboration in its purest form as you work alongside a diverse range of highly motivated and passionate people in our Technical & Production factories spread across the nation. What you do will be fulfilling, impactful and meaningful - not least is you'll be helping to deliver healthy hydration to millions of thirsty customers. We'll make sure you have the strong leadership and clear direction you need to feel motivated and passionate about accomplishing great things. While you take a pride in delivering an excellent performance, you'll see your contributions are recognized and rewarded with an outstanding level of support, training and benefits - everything you need to grow and thrive in your career.
We are currently seeking a Safety, Health and Environmental Professional in our McBee, SC facility.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assure the site Safety, Health, and Environmental programs are implemented and maintained in an appropriate manner and within budgetary limits.
- Assure factory SHE programs are implemented and maintained with emphasis on core regulatory compliance elements assuring NWNA facility and operation operates within other applicable Nestlé and Nestlé Waters' policies and procedures. Including routine program validations of the facilities and equipment for SHE compliance.
- Recommend and achieve factory SHE objectives considering Corporate and Regional objectives.
- Develop and manage factory induction programs to ensure SHE requirements are adequately trained to all necessary persons. Assure technical training is executed to facility/ processing personnel in order to maintain SHE awareness and technical expertise required for operations that comply with Nestlé and Regulatory requirements.
- Implement, control, maintain and improve the Factory SHE Management system including achieving and maintaining ISO14001 and OHSAS18001 certification.
- Review and ensure compliance with Nestle's Core SH&E requirements including LOTO, Caring Through Feedback, Incident & Injury Reporting, Management of High Hazard Tasks, Material Handling, Contractor Management & Machine Guarding.
- Provide the technical expertise and management guidance to investigate process failures that lead to workplace accidents and environmental impacts. Including investigation monitoring of accidents and incidents involving fire, hazardous materials, unsafe situations, security issues and/or non-compliance issues ensuring corrective action recommendations appropriately addresses procedural changes as necessary for the prevention of future incidents.
- Develops and leads the implementation on-site safety, environment, and/or emergency management programs designed to respond to individual situations and to improve overall safety conditions in the factory.
- Responsible for notification to NWNA Supply Chain Management and Corporate Safety team on serious issues related to workplace safety, regulatory and issues which might result in media notification or litigation.
- Develop, implement, and coach on SHE systems required for TPM implementation
- Lead and/or coach problem-solving tools used to resolve SHE near misses and incidents
- Maintaining local knowledge of current and emerging issues and trends in area of regulatory compliance.
- Developing and maintaining site-specific manual, records of inspections, and incidents relating to Safety, Health, Security and Environment.
- Leading the development of the Safety/Environmental Committees at the plant location
- Responsible for timely reporting on mandatory SHE measures for Corporate tracking including first aids and incidents
Key qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred
- 2 - 5 years of work experience in workplace Safety, Security, and Environmental program management. Professional certification in Safety preferred (ASP/CSP/CIH).
- Ability to demonstrate results of "buy-in" and employee ownership of safety, environmental, security programs.
- Candidates must have an entrepreneurial program-building mindset.
- Proficient in the use of personal computers and related software applications. (MS Office/MS Outlook/Web based systems.) Working knowledge of the beverage or food manufacturing industry preferred, with a knowledge of SHE regulations and factors related to food manufacturing facilities.
- Skilled in performing internal on-site safety and environmental inspections for self audit purposes.
- Ability to prioritize mission critical action items and ensure execution of projects by leveraging cross-functional support
- Ability to plan programs and initiatives.
- Strengths in People Management including: communication; leadership; effective presentation skills; coaching; crisis management; motivation; team building; organization; self-starter; time management; stress management; cross-functional leadership
- Must be able to communicate in the English language.
- Ability to travel on a periodic basis.
- Flexible in working during non-business hours to meet business needs.
Nestlé Waters North America is the nation's leading bottled water company. Our water brands include Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park, Zephyrhills and Ice Mountain, Nestlé Pure Life, S. Pellegrino, Perrier and Acqua Panna. Our tea brands are Nestea, Tradewinds and Sweet Leaf. We're passionate about creating shared value for society in all kinds of ways: from providing careers and benefits to communities where we operate to environmental stewardship - most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America. As a valuable part of our team, you'll receive a competitive total rewards package - something that will provide you with the support you need to thrive both inside and outside of work. It's not just the work that you'll find fulfilling here though. As you build a career with us, you'll receive exactly the kind of benefits you'd expect from a leading name in healthy hydration. The only question is, what elements will help you succeed at Nestlé Waters?
Apply for Safety, Health and Environmental Professional
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly