1 day left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
· Maintains the daily communications to all effected parties (Nestle, Vendors, Customers, etc). Represents a critical “face” to these same groups and will maintain a proper professional approach in all interactions (face to face; phone, e-mail, meetings, etc.)
· Responsible for budgets and service for assigned lanes and facilities. Align with Managements budget and service goals. Demonstrate process improvement with their manager.
· Supports company blueprint, initiatives, and processes.
· Builds strong working relationships with internal and external customers. This includes the Customer, Carrier, Supply Chain and Shared Services.
· Dispatch Company assets & O/Operators to optimize Utilization and Capacity to help terminal achieve targeted financial & operational goals
· Work with the Load Control Center Manager and associated load planners to ensure capacity & service.
· In conjunction with the Terminal Manager, analyze transportation costs, fleet equipment availability and service levels to ensure best value options are being implemented
· Collaborate with and across fleet terminals to ensure that operational synergies are being achieved
· Monitor On Time Performance to meet or exceed stated Goal
· Secure incremental volume through third party logistics (to include backhauls) to increase operational efficiency, reduce empty miles, while supporting asset utilization and increasing terminal revenue
· Manage & Enforce DOT Compliance, work with Compliance Officer when needed
· Support safety programs & implement/devise initiatives to ensure OSHA & accident frequency targets are achieved.
· Successfully manage & develop drivers & Owner Operators to ensure goal alignment, communicate change effectively and develop an ongoing culture of performance excellence
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
High School Diploma, with a college education preferred.
Requires a professional approach to internal and external customers and\\or vendors.
Transportation and\\or logistics experience preferred. Dispatching experiences a plus.
Experience in and tactical, and fast paced environment a plus.
Experience in a Customer Service, high communications positions a plus.
Transportation systems knowledge is preferred.
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Analytical, decision making skills and good judgment is required.
Strong interpersonal skills a must.
Must be able to manage the multi-tasking, priority shifting stress of an operational environment.
Must be able to function in a team environmentMust be computer literate in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and Outlook Programs
Apply for Dispatcher
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly