Assistant Product Line Leader
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Assistant Product Line Leader-MIN04847 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The Assistant Product Line Leader is accountable for the volume and financial results of assigned risk management contracts and geographies. Responsibilities include leading the development and implementation of product plans that support the achievement of the broader Risk Management portfolio objectives across North America. The incumbent will partner with all levels of the Sales / Origination organization to lead the successful implementation of portfolio strategies.
Responsibilities also include evaluating and leading new product development opportunities, ensuring legal and regulatory compliance, and championing initiatives that result in origination and revenue growth.
40% Strategic Leadership: Working with other key stakeholders, the Assistant Product Line Leader will develop and implement strategies that optimize the grain origination system with a focus on assigned contracts from the Risk Management portfolio. This will include:
- Lead the creation and evolution of the 3 - 5 year strategy for assigned portfolio:
- facilitate input from key stakeholders including Marketing Specialists, Commercial Leadership, and Sales Leadership, among others
- develop plans that optimize the relationship between grain origination volumes, solutions fee revenue, and sales/admin resources required to sell, service and administer
- identify measurement plans during the development of strategies and tactics
- ensure strategies support and align with broader Risk Management product line strategies
- Implement annual portfolio strategic and tactical plan:
- leveraging the 3 - 5 year portfolio strategy, determine and implement annual tactical plan
- partner with business and regional commercial leadership during the implementation of strategies and tactics in a way that leads to support and advocacy
- provide product line, strategic, and tactical leadership within the sales organization; primarily focused at Regional and Grain Sales Leaders
- equip and instruct the Strategic Marketing Specialist team with appropriate leadership to drive daily implementation of product line strategies with their assigned team(s)
- Ensure assigned portfolio meets all regulatory, compliance, and legal requirements
- partner with the Customer Price Risk Solutions (CPRS) Manager to ensure new and existing contracts meet minimum compliance and regulatory requirements
- ensure ongoing reporting is completed timely, accurately, and in the required format
- monitor market conditions and contract performance to manage exposure to customer non-performance
- partner with CASC attorney to ensure legality of new and existing contracts, positioning, and communications
30% Product Line P&L Management: Deliver annual financial results that are committed to the Corporation by active management of the assigned portfolio P&L. This will include:
- assess the market opportunity for the assigned portfolio lead the Sales / Origination team to develop annual volume targets
- utilize strategic pricing to understand the optimized level of contract pricing versus grain origination volume
- develop implementation plans with solid cost estimates
- create an overall P&L for assigned portfolio and seek annual approval
- track, manage, and report P&L results on a monthly basis
- consider P&L impacts outside of assigned portfolio in efforts to increase revenues and/or decrease total net cost of grain origination
30% Portfolio Management: Actively manage / position contracts within the assigned portfolio throughout the lifecycle. This will include:
- partner with merchandising to develop and differentially support contracts best suited for the current market environment in an effort to enhance customer value recognition
- optimize the portfolio by considering the number of SKU's, contract complexity, selling time, market opportunity, administrative burden, and performance risk
- actively manage each contract from assigned portfolio throughout the contract lifecycle; eliminating contracts when necessary
- champion new product innovation and lead new product development with an emphasis on current (or expected) market needs that will increase grain origination volumes
This position is posted internally as well as externally
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Minimum of 8 years of agricultural industry experience, primarily in the grain industry.
- Experience managing a business and/or product line P&L with a minimum of $5 M in EBT.
- Experience in developing successful growth strategies and tactics for a business or product line.
- In depth comprehension of the North American farmer grain selling process.
- Ability to influence and motivate others in a complex, matrix organization
- Business acumen, including knowledge of financial concepts
- Conceptual skills to create unique, innovative, and market leading plans that resonate with internal and external customers.
- Effective in cross functional teams and across multiple disciplines of expertise
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities with varying complexities
- Authentic, engaging, and motivating communicator that builds trust and encourages action by internal and external customers.
- Comfortable acting in complex, fluid market environments; demonstrating nimbleness to capture business opportunities
- Travel up to 25%
- BS or BA degree
- Overall sense of discomfort with the status quo
- Desire for continuous improvement
- Thorough understanding of grain trading fundamentals
- Relentless competitive spirit and drive to win
- Sales and/or sales management experience in the agricultural industry
Primary Location US-MN-Minneapolis
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Assistant Product Line Leader
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly