Truvia(R) Territory Sales Account Manager
Truvia(R) Territory Sales Account Manager-MIN04849 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The Truvia® Territory Sales Account Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of customer retail strategies and tactics to achieve the business objectives of the Truvia® Consumer Products across National and Geographical Account Teams divided into the western region, central region, and eastern region of the United States. Hold approximately $20 MM in sales volume. Applies extensive product and market knowledge to sell to major, complex national or strategic/sophisticated accounts. Maximizes sales to top tier accounts by implementing advanced business planning, consumer and category insights, forecasting, analytical and category management expertise. Builds relationships with account personnel including top management, merchandising, accounting, advertising, operations, logistics and finance. Responsible for coordinating cross-functional internal account team support against all national accounts in order to support customer category and Truvia® Brand Growth.
Core Accountability Category #1: BUILD, DEVELOP & MAINTAIN EXTERNAL CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS
- Accountable for the overall success of the customer relationships by delivering significant business/financial impact for Truvia Consumer Products. .
- Identifies and builds relationships with a broad set of key gatekeepers, influencers, and decision-makers with customers to ensure that margins and sales goals are exceeded through a significant understanding of the customers' need and ways to enhance Cargill added value proposition.
- Partners with a broad external network of business stakeholders to exchange ideas (i.e. marketing/brand managers, solutions/technical sales specialist, technical services consultants, product line managers, etc). Leverages and develops long-lasting external network contacts.
- Supports customer needs through effective collaboration with Cargill functions (Supply Chain, Technical Services, Customer Services, Operations, Logistics/Transportation, etc)
- Establishes strategic/tactical coordination across-BUs and may directly drive cross-selling opportunities with other business units to provide an integrated approach to meet/exceed customers current/future needs and requirements as well as gain customer long-term/continued commitment.
Core Accountability Category #2: RESEARCH & IDENTIFY CUSTOMERS BUSINESS NEEDS
- Researches and identifies customer requirements
- Proactively analyzes competitor capabilities along with comparisons to business's capabilities to determine gaps and to position account offerings against competitive options.
- In collaboration with marketing groups, may execute targeted customer analysis for individual or groups of customers using Cargill marketing tools (i.e. customer hierarchy or customer segmentation).
- Ensures that sales/marketing strategies and tactics (i.e. product/market segmentation, pricing, channels of distributions) utilized by the business are effectively aligned with the marketplace practices. Recommends adaptations and changes to the sales/marketing strategy as appropriate.
- Collaborates with sales management leader/teams to develop overall objectives and growth strategies for new and existing products. Discovers new prospective customers and qualifies new sales opportunities.
- Core Accountability Category #3: SOLUTION PROPOSAL & DEVELOPMENT/ NEGOTIATION & SALE EXECUTION
- Within a defined portfolio of product/services, creates and validates the ability to deliver distinctive value propositions by linking needs, benefits, and added-value offerings apart from competitors.
- Provides input intt sales forecasting that includes opportunities that are strategic to the customer.
- Prioritizes, improves, and executes sales/account planning delivery process which consists of the detailed deliverables of an action plan. Accountable for overseeing and/or executing sales transactions through the portfolio pipeline.
- Develops and structures complex sales proposals (i.e. structure proposals for primary customized solution) that represent maximum value optimization to customer and business. Ensures that proposal addresses customer's key issues, needs and requirement.
- Negotiates, presents, and finalizes sales with customers
- Possesses deep expertise on negotiation techniques that focuses on long-term customer relationship and “win-win” outcomes. Demonstrates control and understanding of buyers needs and prepares for negotiation by gathering detailed information/facts.
- Predicts and resolves issues, settles disagreements, and clarifies misunderstandings with customers, teammates, or supervisors to enhance account performance. Develops mitigation strategies before issues materialize.
This position is posted internally as well as externally
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
At Cargill, we believe that employees must have the opportunity to do what they do best everyday. We want to understand the things that you do better than others - the talents that you rely on to succeed. As part of the application process, you will be asked to complete an online assessment. The assessment will help us determine whether our jobs will allow you to use your unique talents to their full potential.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 8 years of total business experience in commercial, technical, operations, supply chain, engineering or other related fields
- Minimum 5 years' experience in Sales/Commercial management and/or consumer products company.
- Direct and comprehensive Profit and Loss (P&L) responsibility including Revenue growth, Gross Margin, Sales, General and Administration (SG&A) and Earnings After Taxes (EAT).
- Demonstrated experience in rapid growth of new branded products; global launches, etc.
- Proven experience in exploring technology (R&D), innovation, and applications related to new product development.
- Ability to think strategically, articulate a vision and direction and manage execution through the leadership structure of the business.
- Strong financial acumen with strong analytical ability to make decisions in an uncertain environment with a combination of data assessment and interconnections of marketplace dynamics.
- Strong execution capability, an ability to drive pace, activate and motivate a diverse, cross-functional team.
- Proven ability to lead an engaged team and focus maximizing results based on their efforts.
- The incumbent must be available to travel up to 50%
Primary Location US-MN-Minneapolis
Other Locations US-OH-Cincinnati, US-IL-Chicago
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job