Global Communications Leader - BOSC
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Global Communications Leader - BOSC-WAY05626 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill is undergoing a companywide transformation to position the organization for growth and continued leadership in our markets. One significant element of this transformation is to elevate the role of our functions to help Cargill leverage its size and scale, and deliver on its ambition to be a truly integrated operating company.
Against this backdrop, the company is undertaking one of the largest functional transformations in its history by combining seven individual functions into one integrated supply chain organization comprising 90,000 people and focused on developing a seamless approach to the way we create, plan, source, make and deliver our products to services and customers. These functions include the following:
- -Cargill Strategic Sourcing & Procurement
- -Cargill Supply Chain Planning
- -Cargill Transportation & Logistics
- -Cargill Research & Development/Innovation
- -Cargill Environment, Health & Safety
- -Cargill Plant Operations
- -Cargill Food Safety, Quality & Regulatory
Business Operations & Supply Chain's (BOSC) mission as an integrated supply chain organization will be supported by an underlying commitment to ensuring the safety of our employees, food and feed, while moving us closer to our goal of establishing the most sustainable supply chains. We will also leverage our scale by ensuring common management practices across our businesses in 67 countries, allowing us to achieve efficiencies over time of $1 billion.
This complex, multidimensional transformation requires a dynamic communications leader with experience building new global organizations by driving through ambiguity; developing and communicating the vision real-time as the game plan evolves; and carefully mapping and engaging with stakeholders to enlist them in realizing the goals of the new organization. In addition to developing and executing a communications strategy for the function overall, this leader and his/her team will support the strategic priorities of each of the individual sub-functions that are in different stages of their own transformation processes.
The BOSC Global Communications Leader will use his or her extensive understanding of communications practices to develop plans that drive change, build employee engagement, and position BOSC leaders internally and externally. The person also will have a track record of success with developing compelling narratives; executive presentations; crisis management planning; and digital, social and traditional communications channels. The communications leader will work closely with BOSC leadership in a consulting and advising capacity, including providing support to its leader in her additional capacity as a member of the Cargill Executive Team.
Because of the strategic significance of the new BOSC organization to Cargill overall, the BOSC Global Communications Leader will partner with Cargill Corporate Affairs to build out communications strategies for certain BOSC-driven efforts like sustainable supply chains and innovation that are integral to Cargill's overall reputation and brand. Similarly, this partnership with Corporate Affairs will be central to BOSC-related community engagement strategies, and doing both proactive and reactive management of crises and issues originating in the BOSC organization.
The BOSC Communications Leader will have a dual reporting relationship to the head of Business Operations and Supply Chain and the head of Global Internal Communications within Cargill Corporate Affairs.
- Develops and executes a comprehensive communications and change strategy for BOSC overall and for each of the sub-functions.
- Establishes and oversees the communications narrative and message framework for BOSC and each of the sub-functions, developing and communicating the vision real-time as the business strategy evolves.
- Directs global communications efforts to engage employees, drive cultural change, increase business literacy, support and manage significant change, and maintain focus on delivering results.
- Coaches BOSC leadership on how to effectively communicate internally and externally.
- Collaborates with Corporate Affairs on proactive and reactive media relations, corporate responsibility, community engagement and issues management.
- Develops metrics and measurement processes to allow continual improvement and ongoing actions to ensure continued, sustainable results.
- Works closely with Corporate Affairs in the event of crises to ensure that actions taken are consistent with protecting and advancing Cargill's brand and reputation. Provides guidance and direction to BOSC leadership in these situations.
- Ensures appropriate risk mitigation plans are in place and media/crisis training has been completed across the function.
- Partners with members of the Corporate Affairs leadership team to develop, manage and engage job family talent.
- Manages and provides coaching to professionals working within the function, including the modeling of Cargill's Leadership Expectations.
- Leads the selection of communications team members within the function, and helps plan for future workforce needs.
- Manages budget associated with communications within the function and works with Corporate Affairs globally on identifying and executing on function priorities.
If selected for the interview process, you will be required to complete an assessment as part of the selection process.
- -Bachelor's Degree; preferrably in journalism, communications, marketing, public relations, English or a related liberal arts field
- -15 years of professional work experience
- -8 years of experience as a communications professional and/or relevant experience in leading communications efforts.
- -Demonstrated effectiveness in leading teams and developing people.
- -Experience counseling senior leadership.
- -Experience leading internal communications and change to navigate ambiguity and help build new organizations.
- -Experience with media relations, including crisis communications
- -Excellent communicator - communicates effectively through written and oral communications and has exceptional skills in helping leaders and organizations define and develop messages that are clear, concise, creative and persuasive.
- -Change management expertise
- -Ability to synthesize diverse activities into a clear and compelling framework that helps stakeholders understand how discrete actions support a broader agenda
- -Strong coaching and influencing skills and experience working in a communications counselor capacity with senior leaders
- -Ability to deal with ambiguity
- -Fluency in English
- -Strategic Approach - keen analytical and strategic planning skills to develop communications and issues management plans that reflect the enterprise's strategy and help advance business growth
- -Ability to Influence - leads and communicates effectively in complex, competitive and political environments and deliver results
- -Business Acumen - develops a deep understanding of the enterprise's business strategies, industry dynamics and the portfolio of its businesses -- how it makes money and enables its customers to thrive
- -Problem Solving/Critical Thinking - approaches challenges and problems in a rational, thoughtful manner that assures understanding and effective resolution
- -Emotional Intelligence - builds engaged, enthusiastic teams and motivates others to excel; and personal courage and resilience to deal with a wide range of challenges
- -Curiosity - demonstrates an intense desire to explore, discover and create
- -Execution Management - collaborates effectively with business leaders and partners to ensure operational responsiveness to challenges and alignment with business imperatives. Has strong project management skills and delivers results.
- -Ability to travel up to 30%
- -Some flexibility will be required to connect with colleagues and markets in different time zones.
- -Master's degree or post-bachelor study in business, journalism or relevant field
- -Experience leading communications in large, global companies
- -Experience in supply chain management, sustainability and innovation
- -Experience leading online communications strategies including website, e-mail, social media, or mobile communication.
- -Understanding of commodities and market dynamics
- -Experience working in ‘matrixed' environment
- -Skills (applied knowledge and technical skills directly related to this position)
- -Organizational effectiveness, leadership coaching
- -Fluency in language other than English
Primary Location US-MN-Wayzata
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Global Communications Leader - BOSC
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly