AMCAS Sales Leader (Director)
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
AMCAS Sales Leader (Director)-WAY05652 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill's Texturizing Solutions business specializes in the production of texturizing ingredients that link the core food-building blocks (proteins, lipids, air and water, and carbohydrates) into finished foods and beverages. Our plant-derived ingredients portfolio is comprised of extracts from major crops (starches, soy proteins and lecithins), seaweeds (carrageenans), fruits (pectins and locust bean gum) and sugar fermentation (xanthan gum). These specialized ingredients are applied to offerings in the personal care, pharmaceutical and industrial categories.
Through our expertise in origination, global supply chains, research and formulation, we help our customers achieve consistent product quality at an affordable price.
Lead the sales and customer service organization for Cargill Texturizing Solutions AMCAS (USA, Canada, North Latin America) Region to ensure the value of the business is maximized. Actively participate in the CTS (Cargill Texturizing Solutions) Regional Leadership Team that will develop and execute the commercial plan for the region. This includes developing and leading a sales plan that is in alignment with the Regional & Business Plans and leading, developing, and engaging the entire regional sales team.
- Lead the sales and customer service effort in AMCAS Region (USA, Canada, North Latin America) to ensure flexible, customer-oriented, and efficient sales and customer satisfaction; ensure sales force is optimized to maximize sales, revenue, and margin growth in the market
- Build and develop a highly engaged sales organization. Work with the Sales Managers/Leaders to set both the team and individual's goals, allocate duties and responsibilities, monitor and review performance, and ensure development plans are in place and implemented.
- Work with Americas Regional Director, Marketing Manager, Technical Services Leader and Product Managers to develop and lead the implementation of the Regional Sales Plan in order to achieve sales objectives in the region. Work with Regional Leadership Team to proactively monitor short, medium and long-term action plans and progress deriving from the Business' commercial plan and take corrective actions where necessary.
- Ensure forecasting and contracting programs are executed and maintained across the entire Region.
- Drive common processes in line with overall Business commercial policies and Regional GTM (Go-To-Market) initiatives.
- Work with the Regional Leadership Team to establish and implement ongoing training initiatives for the Sales Organization.
- Supervise credit/market risk in the region and give inputs on credit limits for key customers in the area.
- Responsible for developing and executing distribution strategy for the Business.
- Determine policy and execution of utilizing non-CTS Cargill sales resources (other businesses and/or Go-to-Market team that will represent CTS products).
- Lead and participate in Regional commercial and Business projects. Collaborate on commercial initiatives and/or customer projects with other regional CTS organizations.
- Actively participate in the Regional GTM Sales Leadership Council.
- Execute the CTS Strategy - specifically, the implementation of our enhanced Segmentation process including the account plan in process and across functional coordination of resources to assist in sales activities.
At Cargill, we believe that employees must have the opportunity to do what they do best everyday. We want to understand the things that you do better than others - the talents that you rely on to succeed. As part of the application process, you will be asked to complete an online assessment. The assessment will help us determine whether our jobs will allow you to use your unique talents to their full potential.
- Bachelor's Degree; preferably in business, food science/engineering or related area.
- 5 years working experience in the food ingredient business.
- 10 years experience in commercial or management capacity, including knowledge of sales, marketing, and business development.
- Proven success in sales leadership/management in the specialty food industry
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Proven sales management and relationship building skills.
- Strong listening and communication skills.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Understanding of ingredient applications: ability to recognize/understand, properly communicate and follow up new trends in the ingredients and final products market.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Demonstrated conceptual strength to think both strategically long term as well as day to day
- Proven team leadership ability; ability to lead and influence a multi-cultural team to achieve common goals.
- Fluent in English
- Proven experience on how to get things done within a matrix organization
- Ability to effectively represent the BU from a commercial perspective to customers and highly adept at making effective presentations.
- Independent decision making authority
- Annual contracts for large size customers in the regions in consultation with the Regional Leadership Team
- Management of the area commercial organization including goals setting and regular activities
- Input/recommendations for:
- Regional commercial policy
- Customer Service
- Guidance of Technical Service
- Decisions taken with the Regional Leadership Team
- Long term agreements with major customers
- Region commercial policy including pricing with product line and marketing organization.
- Key staffing decisions on sales, e.g., Sales; turnover, budget, gross margin, cost structure
- Ability to travel up to 50% throughout US, Canada, Mexico City (3-4 x's per yr) and Europe (1-2 X's per yr);
- Successful completion and passing of online sales assessment within 7 days of application date
- Multiple Business Unit Experience
- 7 years proven success in sales leadership/management in the specialty food industry
- Working knowledge of CRM tools, preferably Salesforce.com.
- Experience in trade and structured finance (TSF or other creative factoring programs for accounts receivable).
- Marketing, product development or sales experience in specialty products starch, soy, hydrocolloids, lecithin, cultures or systems/blending would be a plus.
Primary Location US-MN-Wayzata
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for AMCAS Sales Leader (Director)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly