Financial Reporting Lead
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Financial Reporting Lead-WAY05614 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The newly created NA FIBI Accounting & Finance organization operates highly efficient processes, utilizing leading technology, working with our shared teams, and delivering key decision support data and insights to enable sound and profitable business decisions. Organized into process towers to sharpen focus and increase efficiencies, this team will work multi-functionally across other finance team including FP&A, CBS-Finance, COE's, and functions. Together, we function as one finance to achieve our shared vision of operating at the top of our profession to deliver world class financial solutions to the businesses in which we serve.
The purpose of this role is serve as the primary accounting and finance partner to the NA FIBI business(s) in ensuring accuracy of the business financial statements, including balance sheet, profit and loss, and cash flows. This role will ensure proper financial controls are in place, and financial risks are mitigated appropriately. This role will be the primary accounting and finance role, partner with the business, and will collaborate with corporate FP&A on consolidated financial reporting, country controller, other A&F teams, and finance shared services.
50% Financial Reporting & Partnering
- Accountable for accurate monthly financial reporting and financial statements, including balance sheet, profit and loss, and cash flows, that reflect the activities of the business.
- Conduct monthly reporting and business financial reviews, including analyzing and discussing the key insights from the actual financial results with the business, preparing early bird estimates and other monthly financial reporting requirements, and assisting with financial projections
- Provide financial expertise on complex accounting issues to partners across global shared service locations to ensure accuracy of financial statements and solid controls.
- Build strong partnerships with business partners and collaborate on financial reconciliations and problem solving across various teams including COE's., FSS/CBS locations, and across businesses.
- Understand commodity and foreign exchange risk positions and ensure accurate representation in the financial statements.
- Leverage the financial expertise of Corporate FP&A, Standards and Policies, financial reporting COE, controls and process advisors, and finance shared services to ensure accurate financial statements.
- Provide technical accounting expertise for MADJV activities, as needed, business in collaboration with relevant functions and partners.
20% Financial Controls
- Complete quarterly CRP process and own follow-up actions as required
- Perform annual compliance risk assessment for the business
- Ensure compliance with the financial control framework and that financial controls are designed properly and operating effectively across end-to-end financial processes
- Serve as an advisor to business process owners on control methodology as needed
- Escalates control deficiencies to the Controls Advisor and country controller
- Facilitate internal and external audits and compliance reviews
- Manage tax and compliance reporting for the business, including transfer pricing requirements
- Other financial control activities as needed
25% Continuous Improvement
- Collaborative across business process (PRTP, OTSC, RTR) owners and providers to streamline processes and ensure accountability for accurate business financial statements.
- Ensures proper data governance for business activities and proper alignment with data standards
- Monitor and assess key process and business metrics for financial reporting units to ensure end-to-end process effectiveness
- Partner with controls advisor to address any audit issues and proactively set up processes to ensure future risks are mitigated.
- Leverage process and technology team to improve effectiveness and efficiency
5% Other Duties As Assigned
- Build capability and business knowledge with share service partners
- Manage to outcomes by holding partners able
- Champion and lead change management activities for finance activities and processes
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 10 or more years of financial reporting experience using GAAP principles
- 3 or more years of experience analyzing and presenting financial data to influence business stakeholders across a matrixed organization
- Any experience in analyzing and reviewing financial statements
- CPA, MBA, or other advanced certificate or degree in finance/accounting
- Experience with SOX Compliance
- Experience with shared service migrations
- Familiarity with SAP/JDE and other integrated business systems
- MADJV experience
- Corporate Audit, corporate reporting, or previous business experience, especially if with this business
- Attention to detail & deadline drive
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to clearly explain technical topics in a simple manner
- Holding others accountable
- Continuous Improvement focus
Primary Location US-MN-Wayzata
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Financial Reporting Lead
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly