Payment Processing Accounting Specialist
Payment Processing Accounting Specialist-HOP04129 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Distribute all types of payments in a timely manner to the designated suppliers and assist with audit requests. Provide optimal customer service while focusing on processing efficiencies and supporting a team environment. Provide back up support to the Imaging Specialist.
- 60% Controlled Disbursements:
Run appropriate reports before and after each payment group. Execute regular payment groups for all JDE environments. Send overnight payments to suppliers. Include all required attachments. Trace and check status of FedEx packages.
- 15% Support Audit requests:
Utilize CD ROMS and banking software to research and provide documentation required for various audits.
- 5% Returned Mail:
Determine correct handling of returned checks.
- 15% Support Imaging Specialist:
Prepare and scan A/P documents into appropriate Imaging system.
- 5% Special Projects:
Complete special duties, assignments, tasks or projects.
- As Assigned and Needed - Tier One user:
Coverage for business continuation.
- 2 year Business Degree or 2 years relevant work experience
- Self-motivated with excellent decision making and problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Work independently with little supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage a workload with multiple priorities in a changing environment
- Experience influencing key stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience with training
- Proven ability to identify and incorporate opportunities for improvement
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Strong computer skills, which includes proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Excellent organizational skills and follow-up, strong sense of urgency, results oriented
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn and use multiple software packages
- This position will require holiday coverage for 7 holidays, including Good Friday, Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve. A rotation schedule is in place for staffing purposes.
- Storm coverage is also required by specific individuals within the Payment Processing Team.
- Maintain confidentiality by not disclosing Cargill confidential or proprietary information.
Primary Location US-MN-Hopkins
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job