Trade Promotion Manager
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Trade Promotion Manager-WAY05649 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The Trade Promotion Manager position will be leading the Truvia Brand in trade promotion planning, execution, and analytics and management of the Trade promotions platform. This individual will be responsible for coordinating the TPM planning process and working with sales managers and brokers to optimize use of trade promotion funds with specific promotions and customers. This individual will also analyzing various data sources, identifying business insights and recommending solutions that drive profitable growth. Additionally, the role will lead our trade promotional management system implementation and assure effective process compliance. The Trade Promotion Manager will work closely with the Sales team on key initiatives, planning cycles, line reviews, etc. to develop and grow total category sales. The Trade Promotion Manager will also work closely with the Cargill accounting resources, sales managers, brokers, and finance to assure that customer invoice deductions are settled in a timely and accurate manner. This position is part of the Sales team and will be collaborating with cross functional teams to ensure Cargill Truvia continues growth in sales.
Assist with resolving disputes so that fund balances adjust to zero at the end of the fiscal year. Assist with reporting and analytics for field management and finance teams to assure compliance with promotion expectations.
- Own the Trade Promotional Management System for Truvia, ensuring system is updated, tracking of compliance is in place, and the reports on trade investment are generated, assessed and recommendations are made.
- Generate routine reporting (weekly, monthly) and provide insights, identify opportunities and deliver solutions that drive profitable category growth for the Truvia brand.
- Create and distribute report of trade spending by customer and promotion
- Assist sales managers with analysis of specific customer performance
- Work with the sales team to effectively plan and implement promotion plans through the assigned broker network.
- Direct and perform analysis related to trade promotions, customer performance, deduction disputes, and timeliness of deduction settlement.
- Lead the business aspects of implementation of the Trade Promotion Management system within the Truvia business functions
- Assure appropriate business resources are participating in system implementation tasks
- Define business requirements related to data integration, screen design, report design,
- Participate in design of business processes related to TPM planning, execution, and analysis including settlement of deductions across multiple business entities
- Participate in decisions related to system configuration and usage to meet Truvia requirements
- Assist with system testing and acceptance
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME) and system advanced user (super-user)
- Attend advanced training opportunities to learn all aspects of system operation and report configuration
- Provide training to new users from internal sales force, accounting, or broker network
- Assist in resolution of problems encountered by users relating to system usage or data setup
- Assist with setup of new users, customers, broker offices, etc. as the Truvia brand continues to grow and expand in coverage
- Provide subject matter expertise in continuing efforts to improve system operations and functionality
- Coordinate resources to resolve specific customer disputes that are not resolved through normal processes
- Sales managers
- Cargill accounting (CBS) off-shore resources
- Cargill finance
- Bachelor's degree (with an emphasis in business/marketing, accounting or related field).
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with a leading CPG company in areas related to TPM, Category Management, Customer Invoicing/Receivables/Deductions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Trade Promotion Management philosophies, tools and processes with a proven record of success.
- Knowledge of marketing & category management
- Knowledge of financial transactions related to retail customer invoicing and receivables in the CPG area
- Proven ability to analyze and identify insights, from a combination of data sources, and to make objective recommendations to drive the business.
- Background in TPM software implementation, including integration with ERP systems (AFS Trade Promotion Management desired)
- Knowledge of IRI / Nielsen/ SPINS
- Ability to adapt and learn in a changing work environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Microsoft Office Suite experience.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both verbal and written.
- If applicable: ability to travel up to x%. If travel under 5%: Ability to travel as needed
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Primary Location US-MN-Wayzata
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Trade Promotion Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly