Factory Quality Technician
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The QA Technician's primary responsibilities will include raw material and packaging inspections, monitoring of in-process inspections and finished goods documentation review and/or performs a variety of standard microbiological, chemical and physical or sensory testing and assays. Responsibilities will also include maintaining logs and data records associated with job function (e.g. non-conforming materials, corrective action log, hold logs, net content files, etc.).
- Supports investigations on improvement projects (e.g. holds, consumer complaints), helps to identify root causes, and helps to identify corrective actions and monitors for effectiveness.
- Execute required tests on incoming ingredients and packaging according to QMS (Quality Monitoring Scheme)
- Perform verification on finished goods documentation to ensure that each finished good lot meets positive release criteria.
- Support training for line operators to ensure process checks are accurate and timely as stated in QMS.
- Retain finished good samples and set up sensory panel daily.
- Hold "Out of specification" material. Communicate with supervisors
- Utilize net contents software/hardware to obtain net content information to release finished goods as well as assist operators with the use of net contents equipment.
- Calibrate lab equipment such as pH meter, moisture analyzers, refractometer, scales, etc according to ICP (internal control plan).
- Support execution of GMPs throughout the plant and follow safety rules and procedures.
- Results recording for net contents, sensory, HACCP and SSOP
- Assist in Intelex Document Control System, record retention program and management of Recipe/Formula/Deviation database and distribution
- Support Management of Change Process
- Support Tracking/Trending of Behavior Based Quality Program
- Conducts daily routine sample analyses using lab techniques and other instrumentation following Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
- Organizes laboratory records and files, summarizes data, and prepares and interprets reports for use by management. Ensures compliance to procedures and work instructions
- Supports laboratory activities to ensure that a high quality of products, services, housekeeping, and hygiene standards are maintained and improved in laboratory and other analytical areas.
- Responsible for daily/weekly plating, reading, release/holds, swabbing, calibration, sample collection, Internal Control Plan, sample preparations, etc..
- Supports the administration, training, and execution of off- and on-line sensory, and test methods.
- Supports laboratory compliance (Calibration, equipment testing, etc.) to FSSC 22000 and Nestlé requirements
- Supports continuous improvement of Quality metrics/KPI's in the lab.
- Ensures correct recording of laboratory and quality records in compliance with the factory Quality Monitoring Scheme (QMS), including storage and retrieval of records.
- Supports Operations in attaining the Nestlé Quality Standards (QMS, NGMP, Manufacturing Instructions, etc.).
- Employee shall follow and carry out company policy on all required GMP, quality and food safety requirements and escalate quality or food safety findings or incidents.
- Ensures that a high quality of products, services, housekeeping, and hygiene standards are maintained and improved in designated areas.
- Supports the compliance for FSSC 22000 while supporting continuous improvement for Quality metrics/KPI's in their area of responsibility.
- Supports Improvement initiatives (e.g. complaints, holds) with Factory.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- B.S. Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, or other related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Preferably 1-3 years manufacturing QA/QC and/or laboratory experience in food industry.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments.
- Must be precise and accurate, well organized worker.
- Must be able to perform in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Good mathematical (basic statistical skills highly desirable), problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Proficiency with computer systems, personal computers, spreadsheet software (Microsoft Office, etc.) and mainframe system with custom applications preferred.
Apply for Factory Quality Technician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly