McDonald's Manager of Culinary And Innovation
McDonald's Manager of Culinary And Innovation-UNI05104 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill's Protein Group has an opportunity available for a North American Corporate Chef, supporting our McDoanld's Business. This role will collaborate with the Cargill McDonald's Business Unit Commercial and Functional Leads, acting as an innovative culinary expert dedicated to serving McDonald's. The focus of this role will be protein products, but the successful candidate will be able to represent multiple Cargill product categories, including fresh beef, turkey, sliced meats, burgers, oils, salt, Truvia sweetener, chocolate, tortillas, and eggs. This role will be critical in identifying key projects through hands-on culinary interaction with McDonald's product development and culinary teams, working with the business teams to develop, commercialize, and execute these new products. The role will use consumer insights, industry information, and category data to develop innovative culinary based solutions to McDonald's that deliver against our growth and profitability targets while leveraging resources across Cargill. The role requires this individual to be integrated with the internal marketing, insights, research & development, and sales/commercial organizations. The ideal candidate will possess high integrity, courage, and character as personal traits.
Preference for this role to be located in Naperville or Minneapolis.
50% Develop and conduct work on high value innovation opportunities for Cargill by directly interfacing with McDonald's culinary and product development teams. Regular and proactive communication with commercial leads for McDonald's. The successful candidate will have solid culinary experience as well as a general business sense to identify larger opportunities.
20% Coordinate with commercial leads, sales, marketing and R&D to align on business strategy and portfolio needs and prioritize new product offerings and product improvement projects based on business objectives. Lead McDonald's food tours and develop innovative ways to introduce new food ideas to our customer. Feed the front end of the innovation pipeline by brining back marketplace insights & trends, unmet industry needs, and helping to identify future capability needs. Value will be measured on EAT delivered annually.
20% Align with Research & Development and Operations to ensure execution of projects through to the customer.
10% Strategic collaboration across business units: Collaborate with other businesses for value added protein innovation and creative consumer and/or customer solutions.
This position is posted internally as well as externally
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Culinary Arts certification or other formal culinary training
- 5 years of culinary/R&D experience in the foodservice industry and/or 5 years of business experience in the chain environment (restaurant management, sales, commercial, product development, or other customer-facing experience)
- Experience bringing culinary solutions to foodservice customers
- Willing and able to travel ~50%
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and strong relationships with customers
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with ambiguous direction
- Proven ability to turn ideas into value - technical acumen
- Experience working successfully in a matrix organization
- Excellent documentation practices
- Demonstrated financial and business acumen
- This position requires a high level of proficiency using Microsoft Office tools and business reporting systems
- Strong organizational and accuracy skills
- Experience working with cross-functional teams (marketing, insights, sales, ops, FSQR, cross BU)
- Ability to manage multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication and conflict management skills required
- Good decision-making; ability to prioritize goals and work
- Strategic thinker with ability to build effective plans to support strategic initiatives
- Must be tech-savvy and comfortable with evolving business-critical technology
- 50% Travel
- Understanding of foodservice distribution and how to effectively and successfully work with distributors
- Understanding of the commercial side of Cargill Foodservice products: oils, , salt, fresh beef, pork, burgers, eggs, sliced meats, chocolate, Truvia, or tortillas
- Sales Effectiveness or other formal sales training program
- Experience using SalesForce.com or other sales tracking tool
Job Research and Development
Primary Location United States
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job