Production Supervisor- 2nd Shift
Coordinates all duties relating to department or area. These include but are not limited to improving performance, safety, costs, quality and maximizing the department's effectiveness through long term planning and project implementation. Production supervisor manages hourly employees in assigned area, provides appropriate training and development, ensures consistent roll out of plant policies/procedures, and has a dedication to maintaining positive employee relations. Must be willing to work all three shifts. Must be willing to work weekends as needed.
1. Supervises day-to-day activities of assigned department.
2. Provides guidance and training to hourly workforce to ensure that Safety, Production, QA and Supply Chain goals are met and that plant rules are enforced.
3. Meets scheduled commitments on timely basis by producing sufficient WIP & finished product to meet sales requirements within quality and cost goals.
4. Maintains a positive employee relations atmosphere. Proactively resolves employee disciplinary issues or concerns with the assistance of manager and HR
5. Proactively trouble shoots and resolves downtime issues in a professional cohesive team oriented manner with hourly employees and supporting departments (i.e. Safety, Maintenance, QA, Engineering, etc.).
6. Openly communicates all issues to appropriate departments/parties.
7. Plans, organizes and implements QA Function on assigned shift, including compliance to NQMS, ISO22000, and PAS220 standards. Aids in coordination and establishment of standards on all aspects of product, packaging and raw materials. Assists in management of QA hourly employees on assigned shift.
8. Will ensure implementation of training requirements and effective control measures of weight, metal detection, codes and product, codes and product/package integrity. Supports Plant's Good Manufacturing Program, participates in monthly audits, oversees finished goods/RM/Packaging Status Control by assigning disposition to all holds and managing proper corrective action process. Identifies, recommends, participates in continuous improvement programs and implements improvements in quality, safety, employee's development, production processes, and costs in assigned area.
9. Follows all sanitation, communication, safety, quality and employee relations programs.
10. Prepares and submits all required reports on a timely basis.
11. Leads GSTD (Go-See-Think-Do) problem solving teams. Promotes open communication between shifts in area of responsibilities to develop teamwork towards implementation of the solutions.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
Employee shall follow and carry out company policy on all required GMP, quality and food safety requirements and escalate quality or food safety findings or incidents.
SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL:
Employee shall follow Nestlé-Bloomington's safety & environmental objectives & targets; follow the plant safety rules, report incidents & unsafe conditions immediately, maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to the Safety & Environmental Management System(s) on all related procedures and programs.
Support the Nestle Continuous Excellence (NCE) initiative through involvement in team improvement activities, formal problem solving and Operational Reviews as assigned.
Ensure compliance to Operational Audit Manuals in order to maintain satisfactory or better Group Audit ratings and to promote consistency according to Nestlé principles and values.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
Minimum H.S Diploma, Bachelors degree is highly preferred.
2 or more years manufacturing production floor experience in food manufacturing environment with a minimum of 2 years supervisor experience preferably in a unionized environment.
· Excellent communication skills.
· High energy level and excellent follow up skills.
· Creative problem solving, attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple priorities.
· Excellent people skills, maintain a positive attitude and the ability to motivate people is needed.
· TPM experience preferred.
· Results Focus - Needs to set ambitious objectives and motivate the shift to achieve these.
· Lead People - Needs to communicate what has to be done to gain the understanding & commitment of the people to achieve the objectives.
· Practice What You Preach - Able to be a model for his team and needs to act consistently according to the Nestlé principles and values.
Proactive Cooperation - Needs to work collaboratively with others demonstrating commitment to achieve group objectives