Ingredient Specification Author
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Foods people love. The life beyond what you imagined. And the city that rocks.
When you partner Nestlé USA and Northeast Ohio, the result is a rich experience that offers you a fulfilling personal and professional life.
Did you know that the Cleveland metropolitan area is consistently ranked as one of the most affordable and livable regions in the US? From its diverse communities to its endless arts, entertainment and sports experiences, Cleveland continues to rock.
At our Nestlé USA Cleveland campus, located in the Solon suburb of Cleveland, you will discover the ways that Nestlé USA values and supports our employees and community. Offering you a strong culture with competitive benefits, you will have limitless opportunities to learn, and advance your career. Giving back continues to be a part of the Nestlé tradition. As the world's leading nutrition, health and Wellness Company, our focus is not only about nourishing our customers, it's about enriching you.
- Performing analysis and validation of ingredient specifications to ensure material specified will comply with all aspects of its intended function in the factory and that material purchased is material received.
- Collaborating with factory QA & DQM to assure appropriate alignment against factory Quality Monitoring Schemes. Analyze specifications, testing schemes and acceptance criteria to effectively and efficiently achieve product consistency and fulfill High Performance Factory requirements.
- Assure communication and alignment of Nestle requirements with supplier before the raw material is received
- Ensure consistency across Divisions and compliance with industry standards, local market and/or international regulations.
- Supporting related systems (e.g., SAP, Trace Gains, NQMS, GLOBE, NPDI etc.) and optimize system performance and consistency.
- Training end users to comply with NUSA business practices to ensure consistency of specifications across divisions.
- Managing and maintaining specifications in GLOBE and associated systems, including all aspects of system administration.
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of Nestle USA specifications for raw materials and elaborated materials. Assure technical accuracy and effectiveness. Ensure food safety and quality of raw materials through compliance with local market and/or international regulations.
- Provide technical support to assigned businesses and coordinate efforts to standardize wherever possible. Identify opportunities for raw material rationalization and application of approved consolidated specifications. Collaborate with PTCs, ingredient experts and subject matter experts as appropriate. Analyze specifications, testing schemes and acceptance criteria to effectively and efficiently achieve product consistency. Where needed, create specifications in support of business.
- Provide ingredient expertise and support to cross-functional stakeholders during specification approval process, including, but not limited to Procurement, Technical Application Group, Regulatory Group, and Factory QA.
- Effectively utilize and manage specification in GLOBE and associated systems. Audit for compliance to NUSA policies and procedures. Train and monitor Specification community to comply with NUSA business practices to ensure consistency of specifications across divisions. Assure effective document management overall including effective and timely specification activation and deactivation. Includes all aspects of Specification System Administration.
- Lead Key Business Initiatives as assigned to support Nestle USA Technical Applications Group development and projects.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- B.S. or M.S. Food Science or related scientific degree. General understanding of food safety issues including HACCP risks.
- Superior technical writing skills.
- Food industry experience (2-5 years in QA or R&D with plant, laboratory and / or product development. Preferred candidate will have experience achieving finished product quality through effective raw material management practices). Preferred candidate will have experience with multiple types of ingredients and/or processes.
- Technical writing and managing specifications.
Ability to -
- Achieve finished product quality through effective raw material management techniques (from procurement, through incoming inspection and processing).
- Understand complex technical situations, develop appropriate solutions and communicate them effectively through written documentation, electronic and/or verbal communications.
- Thoroughly and concisely address detailed technical requirements through documented specifications. Recommend modifications to support systems and related processes, and assist with implementation.
- Audit specifications and procedures, with acute attention to detail.
- Train and support spec end users on how to effectively use NUSA spec systems.
- Must have strong organization, administrative and communication skills (listening, speaking, presenting and writing).
- Must have proven collaborative skills and strong ability to proactively troubleshoot for solution when faced with challenges.
- Must enjoy working with people and have superior aptitude for computer, word processing and electronic systems.
- Must have PC proficiency in Windows-based applications: Word, Excel, Power Point, Access (preferred).
Apply for Ingredient Specification Author
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly