Warehouse Supervisor 2nd Shift
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Coordinates all duties of department or area. These include but are not limited to improving safety, reducing costs, improving quality, and maximizing the department's effectiveness through long term planning and project implementation. Warehouse Supervisor manages hourly employees in assigned area, provides appropriate training, development, ensures consistent roll out of plant policies & procedures. Maintains open communications and positive employee relations.
1. Manage day-to-day activities of assigned shift in warehouse.
2. Provide guidance and training to hourly workforce to ensure production, supply chain and quality goals are met.
3. Meet scheduled commitments on a timely basis with respect to mixing, sifting and delivering WIP to designated areas.
4. Meet shipping and receiving schedules as well as inventory control and accuracy.
5. Maintain positive employee relations, open communications while resolving employee discipline or performance issues.
6. Maintain professional relationships with other departments within the plant and corporate offices.
7. Ensure all raw material, packaging material, WIP and finished goods are handled within GMP and FIFO guidelines.
8. Follow all sanitation, GMP, safety, quality and employee relation programs.
9. Identify, recommend, develop and implement improvements in safety, quality, processes, costs and SOP documentation.
10. Prepare paperwork / reports on a timely basis.
11. Promote open communications between shifts and departments. Develop teamwork approach to teams.
12. Schedule work assignments for Drivers and Palletizers.
13. Assist employees in setting priorities
Employee shall follow and carry out company policy on all required GMP, quality and food safety requirements and escalate quality or food safety findings or incidents.
SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL:
Employee shall follow Nestlé-Bloomington's safety & environmental objectives & targets; follow the plant safety rules, report incidents & unsafe conditions immediately, maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to the Safety & Environmental Management System(s) on all related procedures and programs.
Support the Nestle Continuous Excellence (NCE) initiative through involvement in team improvement activities, formal problem solving and Operational Reviews as assigned.
Ensure compliance to Operational Audit Manuals in order to maintain satisfactory or better Group Audit ratings and to promote consistency according to Nestlé principles and values.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
Associates Degree or above plus experience required.
Minimum 3 years experience in warehouse management preferably in a food-manufacturing environment OR 2 years in a leadership role in the Military.
' Excellent communication skills.
' High energy level and excellent follow up skills.
' Creative and analytical problem solving skills, attention to detail and the ability to handle multiple priorities.
' Excellent people skills, maintains a positive attitude and the ability to motivate and develop people is needed.
' Strong computer skills in Word and Excel.
' Proactive Co-Operation ' Is able to work collaboratively with others, demonstrating commitment to achieve group objectives understand the needs and goals of others and adapting one's view and behaviors when appropriate
' Results Focused ' Demonstrates constant preoccupation with reaching results. Tries to do things differently to significantly improve efficiency, quality or productivity. Sets precise and challenging objectives for themselves and finds the means of achieving them.
' Service Orientation ' Seeks to improve understanding of other functions needs. Focuses on long term future relationship and spends time with the service providers to get a better understanding of their needs.
' Insight ' Is able to identify the potential impacts of a problem on all relevant areas of the operation. Suggests a new model or a new conceptual framework to explain a given issue or situation. Thinks laterally (to identify new opportunities). Gives a clear and useful explanation around ideas, questions or facts. Mentions various scenarios and explains the consequences of each one. Can challenge existing patterns of working.
Apply for Warehouse Supervisor 2nd Shift
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly