3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
To ensure employee safety, product quality and asset performance while delivering on time the shift/line/area production plan. This is accomplished by leading a team of approximately 30 employees. Leadership of people includes participating in the hiring process, employee on-boarding, performance management and corrective action. Proactive cooperation with other groups on site and within NUSA to ensure that their area and people are fully aligned with the organization. Modeling the way for others by practicing what is preached to create and maintain a workplace culture that engages and motivates associates at all levels. Focusing on results to deliver success as measured by key performance metrics.
1. Ensure the timely deployment of People development plan and assure the competencies of his/her team as per the agreed plan with PM (proper training inclusive of equipment, safety procedures, and hygiene) Enforce strict compliance to standard operating procedures (SOPs) by all personnel within the team.
2. Ensure a safe work environment is maintained at all times. Updated work instructions available for all positions. Processes are run in accordance with SOP's, SSOP's and other documentation. Activities being performed having an environmental impact are communicated and accomplished according to the environmental management.
3. Ensure quality objectives are met including regular adherence to Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's), performance of sanitation audits, food safety checks, and product quality checks conducted according to policies. Actively participate in prevention and correction of quality-related errors. Check and enforce personnel hygiene & safety e.g. protective clothing (uniform), shoe change & hand wash.
4. Ongoing coaching of employees to fulfill and exceed the requirements of the job through NCE approach. Daily review of achievement of targets and report variances during on-the-floor and review meetings. Ensure the development and implementation of action plans to address root causes of failures and support continuous improvement initiatives. Facilitate seamless handoffs and communicate key information to peers, team members and Production Management
5. Ensure continuous line Controls and immediate corrective action to assure prescribed quality and to ensure compliance with manufacturing instructions, internal and external regulations, procedures & policies.
6. Ensure ongoing smooth operations of factory through effective employee and industrial relations management.
7. Ensure that there is an adequate distribution of skills to enable production plan to be achieved effectively.
8. Ensure timely launch of new products to the Market as per agreed with the business unit/area.
9. Ensure adequate maintenance of the installations in coordination with quality, engineering & administration. Review daily maintenance effectiveness with Maintenance Mechanic(s) and Team members to identify opportunities for improvement. Prioritize, schedule, and ensure Maintenance & Repairs are completed to maximize efficiency.
10. Travel requirement = 5%
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL
• Bachelor's degree AND 2 years of leadership experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
• OR 5 years of supervisory/management experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
• OR 2 years in a leadership role in the United States Military
• Work extended days and/or weekends with flexibility to switch shifts as required
• Willing to work in a factory where ambient conditions may be extremely cold, wet or warm
• Experience in food processing or packaging
• Experience in Supply Chain and/or Inventory Control
• Experience in Quality and Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP's) in a food processing environment.
• 1 year of experience in Continuous Improvement environment (Lean manufacturing or Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) preferred)
Apply for Production Supervisor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly