Senior Account Manager
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Senior Account Manager-WAY05648 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
DescriptionCargill's texturizing solutions business specializes in the production of texturizing ingredients that link the core food-building blocks (proteins, lipids, carbohydrates and water) into finished foods and beverages. Our nature-derived ingredients portfolio is comprised of extracts from major crops (starches, soy proteins and lecithins), seaweeds (carrageenans and alginates), fruits (pectins and locust bean gum) and sugar fermentation (xanthan gum). These specialized ingredients are also applied to offerings in the personal care, pharmaceutical and industrial categories.
Through our expertise in origination, global supply chains, research and formulation, we help our customers achieve consistent product quality at an affordable price.
Our texturizing business is operational in all continents with 31 sales offices and 20 manufacturing plants:
- Native and modified food starches and spray-dried specialty starches/ maltodextrins are produced in plants located in Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, France, Spain and the United States.
- Soy proteins are produced in plants located in the United States.
- Hydrocolloids are produced in plants located in France, Germany, Morocco and the Philippines. Functional Systems are produced in plants located in China, France, and the United States.
- Lecithins are produced in plants in Germany, the Netherlands and in the United States.
This position will be expected to be a significant contributor to the Cargill Texturizing Solutions (CTS) short and long term strategy in the meat sector. Responsible for aligning and delivering on the sales objectives including volume and margin expectations in the meat category, with primary focus on textured soy flour, carrageenan, and starch sales.
Responsible for managing the commercial relationship (including prospecting, hunting, relationship management and executing tractions) with assigned customer accounts (National / Regional / Segment / Category) on behalf of CTS.
Develop prospect list that will ensure fastest route to sales and execute by delivering sales of targeted products to the meat category. Work closely with our Field and Shared Sales teams to ensure good communication of targets/prospects and minimize any duplication of efforts.
Build, develop and maintain internal / external customer relationship
- Build comprehensive, multi-level relationships with meat customers with a focus on uncovering CTS opportunities.
- Represent the entire CTS portfolio of ingredients to customer base in meat category
- Initiating, developing and maintaining long / lasting customer working relationship with customers
- Being accountable for the overall success of the customer relationship
- Identifying / building relationships with a broad set of key gatekeepers, influencers and decision makers
- Researching and identifying customer requirements and expectations
- Create a customer strategy and action plan tailored to each account
- Possessing and continuously developing deep knowledge of the customer's business strategy and requirements
- Keep up to date with relevant product and market knowledge, customer landscapes, market trends and innovations
- Ensuring that sales and marketing strategies and tactics are effectively aligned with the regional and local marketplace practices
- Maximizing the ability to deliver new / existing value propositions and solutions
- Supporting the translation of business plans and sales strategy into account specific growth plans
- Possessing solid expertise on negotiation techniques that focus on strengthening the customer relationship and win -win outcomes
- Executing contracting processes by partnering with the Law Department and other senior account / sales leaders
- Executing customer pricing programs against established market pricing policy and procedures
- Create customer profiles and utilize Salesforce.com relationship management tools on all active accounts
- Executing on defined / quantifiable sales targets
- Participating in the development of annual CTS sales budget
- Delivering on sales performance and financial targets (sales volume, prices, revenue, profitability)
- Leverage Salesforce.com to drive sales plan and deliver results
At Cargill, we believe that employees must have the opportunity to do what they do best everyday. We want to understand the things that you do better than others - the talents that you rely on to succeed. As part of the application process, you will be asked to complete an online assessment. The assessment will help us determine whether our jobs will allow you to use your unique talents to their full potential.
This position is posted internally as well as externally
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Bachelors degree
- 5 years of sales or equivalent customer facing experience
- Experience selling food ingredients to processed meats industry
- Demonstrated ability to build broad and deep internal / external relationships to analyze and understand the customer's business needs, financial situation, organizational structure, decision making process and business strategies
- Proven ability to lead and manage complex change
- Excellent communication (listening, written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills, focus and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage complex processes such as sales forecasting and territory planning; manage internal relationships with business / group sales representatives, market manager
- Manage multiple tasks with solid performance / results
- Proven experience working within a matrix organization
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Relentless determination and courage to get things done
- Technology savvy - ability to communicate using multiple mediums (Skype, text, email, phone, SFDC) and comfort learning new technologies
- Effective problem solving skills
- Successful completion and passing on online sales assessment within 7 days of application date
- Travel up to 50% out of the office with 40% overnight as needed for customer visits, training and company meetings as required.
- Successful completion and passing of online sales assessment within 7 days of application date
- Knowledge of the food industry and commodity markets
- Understanding of ingredient applications
- Ability to recognize / understand, communicate and follow up on new trends in the ingredient and final products market
- Knowledge and understanding of Salesforce.com, SAP and other sales enablement applications or similar IT systems
- Strong integrity and moral principles that are aligned with Cargill's Guiding Principles
- Demonstrated conceptual strength and the ability to deal with ambiguity
- Demonstrated respect, candor and commitment
- Understanding of customer perspectives and needs
- Practical business acumen
- Effective problem solving and decision making skills aligned with Discuss, Decide & Champion
- Relentless determination and courage to get things done; demonstrate tenacious and unrelenting drive for results
- Demonstrated teamwork and the ability to effectively collaborate with others.
- Ability to build and nurture relationships within an organization; a person who can resolve conflict, not just manage it.
Note that you must complete the sales assessment in order for your application to be processed.Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Primary Location US-MN-Wayzata
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Senior Account Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly