Industrial Market Manager
Industrial Market Manager-WAY05647 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The Industrial Market Manager position is responsible for supporting the sales vision and goals for complex customer account(s) that will drive significant business and financial impact and will maximize opportunities for the customer and within the Industrial Segment. Work activities also include supporting the business strategies to the Industrial sales person via customer support, pricing direction and day to day activities. Examples of the Industrial Segment would be selling into the oil field, fermentation, adjuvants, resin technology, household cleaners, paints and coatings, asphalt and building materials markets and promoting products such as soy flour, lecithin, and hydrocolloids. The position location preference is Minneapolis, Minnesota, but flexible to considering other locations.
- Consistent strategic alignment and connectivity between enterprise sales and business stakeholders
- Organization navigation and relationship management
- Communication between all parties
- Deliver concise and compelling value propositions
60% - Business Needs and Support on daily basis
• Industrial Sales Team Support: assist in preparing customer presentations; manage intracompany sales contracts including revisions; salesforce.com support including Pipeline opportunities maintenance, sample and QA requests; assistance for RFQ requests.
• Administrative support: meeting planning and coordination; manage and update the commercial scorecard and commercial calendar; validate list-servs, support the customer grids/intentional contracting process.
• Report creation: Create and compile various reports for the NA CTS Sales Team, including State of the Business reports, monthly sales reports and contract performance reports.
• Support a pipeline of high quality sales opportunities and manage them to ensure successful development. Understand the customer's definition of value and identify opportunities where Cargill and CTS can deliver that value.
35% - Supports and Manages Customer Relationships along side the Industrial Sales Teams to meet Growth Objectives
• Supports and manages long/lasting working relationships with internal sales teams to support in order to understand the customers' strategic priorities and needs. Closely manages the customer relationship for continuous value creation and optimization.
• Accountable for the supporting success of the customer relationships by collaborating with Industrial sales teams that are developing stragetic and financial growth within the Industrial Segment. Collaborates/partners with Logistics/Procurement/Supply Chain/Research and Development (R&D)/Marketing/Quality/Product Line/Credit professionals to ensure the ability to meet customer specifications and timelines. Ensures that customers are satisfied and that any inquiries, incidents and/or issues are resolved in a timely manner.
• Establishes coordination across Cargill's texturants product lines and may directly support cross-selling opportunities with other Cargill Business Units (BUs) to provide an integrated approach to meet/exceed customers current/future needs and requirements as well as gain customer long-term/continued commitment.
5% - Other Duties as Assigned
- Travel up to 10% out of the office.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum 1 years of Sales, Industrial, Food or Technical field experience.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and understand the customer's: business needs, financial situation, organizational structure, decision making process, business strategies, and relate them to CTS capabilities.
- Ability to adapt and learn in a changing work environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Microsoft Office Suite experience and other computer applications.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Proven track record of creating high trust relationships with customers.
- Ability to engage in technical discussions in the industrial space such as oil drilling, fermentation, adjuvants, resin technology,
- household cleaners, paints and coatings, asphalt and building materials.
- Ability to recognize / understand, communicate and follow up on new trends in the ingredient and final products market
- Knowledge and understanding of Salesforce.com, SAP and other sales enablement applications or similar IT systems
- Strong integrity and moral principles that are aligned with Cargill's Guiding Principles
- Relentless determination and courage to get things done; demonstrate tenacious and unrelenting drive for results
- Demonstrated teamwork and the ability to effectively collaborate with others.
- Ability to build and nurture relationships within an organization; a person who can resolve conflict, not just manage it.
At Cargill, we believe that employees must have the opportunity to do what they do best every day. We want to understand the things that you do better than others - the talents that you rely on to succeed. As part of the application process, you will be asked to complete an online assessment. The assessment will help us determine whether our jobs will allow you to use your unique talents to their full potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Primary Location US-MN-Wayzata
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job