Management Reporting Sr Analyst
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Management Reporting Sr Analyst-WAY05638 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The newly created NA FIBI Accounting & Finance organization operates highly efficient processes, utilizing leading technology, working with our shared teams, and delivering key decision support data and insights to enable sound and profitable business decisions. Organized into process towers to sharpen focus and increase efficiencies, this team will work multi-functionally across other finance team including FP&A, CBS-Finance, COE's, and functions. Together, we function as one finance to achieve our shared vision of operating at the top of our profession to deliver world class financial solutions to the businesses in which we serve.
The Management Reporting Sr Analyst role will be part of the newly formed FIBI NA Acccounting and Finance team which provides accounting and finance expertise for our businesses within the FIBI enterprise. This role is a challenging opportunity to learn the complexities of the diverse businesses within FIBI NA utilizing strong accounting, business acumen, and problem solving/analysis skills. The person in this role will serve as a critical business partner and will be responsible to deliver deep understanding of business performance and key management reporting whiole partnering with FP&A and commercial leaders to enhance decision making within FIBI North America.
Analysis and Reporting- 35%
Creates, reviews and delivers timely, accurate and consistent management reports/packages. Interprets results and develops key financial measures to support. Management reports may include: period end results and commentary, budgets, forecasts and supporting commentary, customer and product profitability reports, and other adhoc management reporting.
Applies a broad level of understanding to conduct deep and complex financial analyses. This analyses will include month end results, balance sheet and income statement trend analysis, annual budgets, 36 month forecasts, and customer and product profitability analysis. Included in this analysis will be supporting documentation and commentary on variances and identification and communication of risks and recommendations on areas of opportunity.
Accounting Processes and Procedures- 25%
With limited oversight, performs and/or reviews month end processes.
Develops and implements accounting policies and procedures.
Creates and monitors controls, ensuring that our accounting/operational processes are in compliance with GAAP, Cargill's policies and procdures, and all applicable laws and regulations.
Identifies areas of standardization and improvement.
Business Parnership- 20%
Collaborates with peers across CBS, A&F, FP&A and other COEs across businesses and regions, to assure accurate and consistent information and drive process simplification, standardization and optimization of management reporting processes.
Partners with FP&A, Business and Functional leaders to provide the financial guidance and insight needed to achieve the finance strategy and strategic goals of the business.
People, Talent and Resource Management- 10%
Provides coaching, training, and mentoring to others on technical topics, as well as Cargill leadership expectations.
May participate in selection of accounting team members and provide input on future workforce planning needs.
Other misc projects as needed- 10%
This position is posted internally as well as externally
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5 years of accounting experience
- Any experience in analyzing financial statements (balance sheet and income statement)
- SAP, COPA experience a plus
- CMMP, JDE experience a plus
- Previous IBP experience
- Experience in analyzing profitability at various levels (customer, product)
- Experience with shared service migrations
- Any experience presenting complex financial or technical topics to varied audiences
- Any professional experience with budgeting
- Ability to communicate effectively with many functional groups and levels - both written and orally.
- Solid process improvement focus
- Technical aptitude-ability to utilize technology (e.g. excel, power BI, ERP systems) to drive efficiency
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines effectively.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to internal controls
- Business Acumen
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills with all levels of the organization
- Ability to clearly explain technical topics in a simple manner
- Previous experience with budgeting
- Experience in analyzing financial statements (balance sheet and income statement)
- Continuous Improvement Focus
Primary Location US-MN-Wayzata
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Management Reporting Sr Analyst
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly