Tropical Oil Cash Trader
Tropical Oil Cash Trader-COR00458 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The position will be responsible for buying/selling Tropical oils (Crude Palm and Palm Kernel Oil) from key suppliers in our region to serve strategic customers in Mexico and the European Union. This position is responsible for Ocean Vessel freight fixing and monitoring logistics to ensure proper execution.
In addition, the role will be providing Commodity Trading Advisor (CTA) solutions to targeted accounts in the region, which requires close interaction and communication with key Cargill offices such as WTG Singapore/Geneva , CASC SAG and GEOS Europe.
This position is accountable for supporting hedging activities of CASC SA Americas Marketing Group's cash and futures position on Crude Palm oil and Palm Kernel oil which will require analysis of internal and external worldwide market information in order to support the positioning not only in cash basis and futures but also on ocean freight.
The position will also support our Tropical oils origination efforts in our region as part of our Latin America Palm Play strategy.
- Research information on vegetable oils markets via constant communication with main origination offices in order to determine best alternative for the region.
- Research on Biodiesel and its impact on Vegetable Oils Markets.
- Buy physical product and freight from origination offices. Discover best alternative, trade, negotiate and execute sales in coordination with other functions.
- Support Product line position and exposure daily management (physical and freight).
- Discover, create and present value propositions to selected customers. Develop and maintain relationship with strategic suppliers.
- Management and Promotion of Commodity Trading Advisor services.
- Determine fob/freight backstop for other merchants at destination including quality specifications and market analysis. Research, analyze and communicate fob/freight information.
- Deal, negotiate and resolve customer claims
- Consolidate and report regional supply and demand to other Cargill offices within the enterprise.
- Bachelor's degree (finance, economics, math or international business preferred)
- Speak, read and write Spanish & English on a business level.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in commodity trading, banking (M&A, capital markets, project finance), asset management, risk management or account management.
- Experience in commodity industry (Supply chain and trading)
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, effective decision making
- Appetite for risk, comfortable taking and managing risks
- Challenging, inquisitive
- Excellent communication, persuasion and negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Business partnering and customer orientation
- Willingness to travel
- USA Series 3 certification will be required 2 months after commencement
Job Trading & Merchandising
Primary Location US-FL-Coral Gables
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job