Technical Manager (Various Locations)
The function of this position is to oversee quality systems and training, as it applies to laboratory operations.
- This position is responsible for the application, evaluation, and training of approved microbiological/chemical techniques and methodologies used in the analysis of food products.
- The position is also responsible for ensuring compliance with the ISO / IEC 17025 guide for food testing laboratories.
- This position will have frequent contact with the Corporate Quality Assurance Manager and Corporate Trainer.
- This position functions as part of the Laboratory Management Team and works closely in assisting in the daily functions associated with the maintenance of the quality and training systems and providing technical support to laboratory operations.
- Ability to differentiate between colors and make color determinations of test results.
- Implement and maintain quality systems in accordance with regulatory agency requirements to include, but not limited to, ISO/IEC 17025, A2LA, FDA and USDA.
- Monitor quality control programs and ensure compliance to Quality Policies, Standard Operating Procedures, A2LA requirements and ISO/IEC 17025 guidelines.
- Perform internal audits as scheduled in the Internal Audit Program and as assigned by management.
- Facilitate internal and external audits and identify opportunities for improvement in the quality system and training program.
- Manage the laboratory’s Document Control System and facilitate implementation of policy and procedural updates.
- Manage the laboratory’s Corrective Action and Preventive Action (CAPA) system and technical client inquiries.
- Coordinate and manage the laboratory’s Proficiency Testing (PT) program.
- Monitor the laboratory’s PT performance and assess training needs.
- Monitor the Laboratory Control Sample (LCS) Program and review the laboratory’s Statistical Process Charts (SPC).
- Manage the laboratory’s Equipment Calibration and Verification program
- Manage the laboratory‘s Training Program and administer technical and quality system training for new and current laboratory personnel according to FSNS standard operating procedures.
- Maintain laboratory training and competency records.
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the overall FSNS Training program.
- On-board new technologies relative to quality and training program development.
- Maintain a high degree of technical competence by reading scientific journals, attending professional workshops, and being aware of food industry issues and trends.
- Provide technical support to the laboratory and clients.
- Manage work schedule to accommodate laboratory needs.
- This position works closely as part of the Laboratory Management Team and has the authority to stop work and request sample resets as necessary.
- Directly supervises employees.
- Carries out all responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies, standard operating procedures and best practices.
- Assists in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations at all times.
- Responsibilities include training and mentoring employees; provides oversight and direction to quality and training designees, evaluate performance of assigned personnel, monitor performance action plans for employees, interviewing applicants, improve operational efficiencies by focusing on customer service; will direct work flow in the technical department and schedule employee hours; maintain harmony in the workplace, and professional business demeanor at all times.
- BS degree in Microbiology required; MS degree in Microbiology preferred
- Ability to differentiate between colors is required
- 2-3 years of experience in a Microbiological testing laboratory required; food Microbiology preferred
- Training experience required
- Laboratory/technical auditing experience required
- ISO / IEC 17025 knowledge required
HOW TO APPLY FOR SPECIFIC LOCATIONS:
- Click "Apply" or visit http://fsns.com/career-opportunities.html
- Search for "Technical Manager"
- Find your location and complete your application