Regional Operations Manager
FSNS, a leading Food Safety Laboratory, is seeking a goal oriented Microbiologist with management experience to lead and support our regional laboratories. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years supervisory experience leading the activities of a commercial testing laboratory and knowledge and understanding of the ISO 17025 requirements that is the center of our quality system. Additionally, experience in root cause analysis, process improvement and lean systems is preferred. The position requires the ability and willingness to travel to FSNS laboratories throughout the U.S. and travel is estimated at 60% for this position. Laboratory managers will directly report into this position. We offer a competitive compensation package to include participation in the annual company bonus program.
- Supervise laboratory managers reporting to the Regional Operations Manager.
- Mentors and develops laboratory managers to improve their management skills.
- Ensures through active management that FSNS Quality systems and programs are followed within each directed laboratory.
- Ensures that training programs, training tracking and training program reporting are up to date and being followed.
- Coordinates mutual support between labs during peak times of business activity.
- Recommends additional resources as necessary to properly staff and manage laboratories.
- Ensures that Key Performance Metrics (SOAR’s) are in place and actively being managed by individual laboratory managers.
- Developing improvements points to bring to the company so that Operations are continuously improving.
- Conducts safety audits of laboratories under their direction.
- Provides direct support and ensure that facilities are properly maintained.
- Ensure that all laboratories have a solid and evolving plan for increasing business preparedness.
- Ensures that all laboratories have an emergency preparedness plan that is updated regularly to ensure minimal business interruption.
- Maintains a high degree of technical competence by reading scientific journals, attending professional workshops, and being aware of food industry issues and trends
- Attends customer meeting with key accounts within the laboratories in which they supervise.
- Attend Trade Shows and related events to support FSNS’s Marketing and Customer Service Activities.
- Review all customer related CAR’s and provides additional guidance and planning to prevent future occurrences.
- Provide direct support in the event a Lab Manager is out for PTO or other reasons.
This job has supervisory responsibilities. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- MS degree in Microbiology, Chemistry, or related field
- Previously managed business operations
- Hands on experience in microbiological and chemical testing environment
- 2 years’ experience in a commercial testing laboratory
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience