Our client, an industry leading food manufacturer, is currently seeking a hands-on Plant Manager to manage, direct and coordinate overall plant operations; assures safety, continuous improvement, quality, cost and production objectives are met and/or exceeded. If you are looking to join an industry leader offering career stability and growth, apply now!
Responsibilities of the Plant Manager:
- Achieve performance, quality and safety standards and ensure achievement of manufacturing goals.
- Provides guidance to the manufacturing process plan; including personnel requirements, material needs and facility needs.
- Coordinates manufacturing activities with all other functions of organization and suppliers to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines and equipment.
- Capital project planning and execution. Financial understanding in the following areas: income statements, balance sheets and variance reporting.
- Lead continuous process improvement within plant operations.
- Ensure compliance and commitment to all aspects of food safety.
- Interpret safety policies/practices to employees including enforcing safe work practices.
- Assures that organizational production objectives are met.
- Address safety, production, quality, personnel, customer and regulatory issues in a timely fashion as required.
- Continually coach, direct and train employees utilizing Lean principles. Monitor employees’ work performance and attitude and perform formal reviews as required by policy.
- Coach and counsel employees about work-related issues and assist employees to correct job skill deficiencies.
- Conduct regular meetings with plant staff to ensure all operational issues are being communicated and addressed expediently with a common understanding of goals.
- Assist in developing and responsible for budgets, policies and procedures.
- Utilize P & L results and key performance indicators to improve plant performance and profitability.
Qualifications of the Plant Manager:
- 5+ years’ experience in Operations management
- 5+ years in food manufacturing required
The successful candidate will be offered an attractive compensation package, bonus, pension and benefits.
Please send your resume in word format with your career achievements today! We look forward to hearing from you.