Commercial FP&A Lead - Cargill Feed & Nutrition
Commercial FP&A Lead - Cargill Feed & Nutrition-OVE00205 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Feed and Nutrition (CFN) is seeking a US Commercial Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Lead to reside in our Overland Park Kansas headquarters. The Commercial business role would connect with key leadership across the business, interact with our 43 plant locations across the US and be responsible to help manage over $600M in annual revenues.
The job of the Business FP&A Lead will include activities that are value creation focused and forward looking. Responsibilities include analyzing data to provide insight into evaluating acquisition targets, products and customers. Additionally, this role will focus on top line growth, cost of goods sold efficiencies and overall business performance management. By relying on the Accounting & Finance Lead role to produce accurate and timely financial and management reports, this position provides analysis and insight into the direction of the business and proactively challenges the status quo. This role is a key member of the Dairy leadership team and will have dual reporting to both the Commercial Director and the North America FP&A Leader.
This critical role will be the finance interface to the business. Building strong relationships within the function and business, including leadership teams, will be critical for value creation opportunities. The Commercial FP&A Lead relates to others with candor, openness, and transparency, approaches work with a global perspective and builds trust across multiple stakeholder groups.
70% Financial Planning & Analysis
• Identifies new metrics (i.e. KPIs) to drive performance relative to strategic priorities. Enhance scenario planning analysis for strategic planning activities.
• Identify and drive value within business (stretch targets). Measured by profit improvement (wider margins), lower cost and driving performance. Focus management on most critical risks and opportunities.
• Thoroughly understands how to win in our markets and actions necessary to achieve.
• Demonstrates an application of broad/diverse commercial knowledge with understanding of how all areas come together and operate as a business.
• Supports the business with new business activities and issues resolution, including MADJV, business transactions, tax and customs issues, monitoring the performance of the new acquired business etc. and liaising with legal and other cross-functional departments as necessary.
• Understands, translates, and provides insight into business performance against competitor & industry trends. Ability to connect the dots.
• Partner closely with the other functions and business managers to ensure strategies are accomplished.
• Provides financial and change leadership by actively participating in high level business strategy planning. Provides necessary support to accomplish plans/strategy.
• Participate in business customer solution teams with focus on offering financial solutions to customers.
• Deliver clear presentations including defending positions on controversial topics, adapt style to continuously seek ‘win/win' solutions.
• Communicates as an official spokesperson for the function within the business group and enterprise in a variety of settings.
30% Business Partnership and Leveraging of Resources
• Advises and provides financial leadership to the business group and businesses in the group.
• Acts as a leadership team member of the appropriate Business Leadership teams.
• Provide broad knowledge of and connect with right relationships with COE partners for areas such as Tax, Treasury, Risk Management, Controls, etc.
• Partners closely with COE and the cross-business/functional senior managers to play an active role in enhancing connectivity and communication.
• Able to drive the behavior, results or agenda needed for the business. Has a point of view and communicates it effectively thus influencing colleagues by supporting them, challenging them, providing unique perspective and delivering value.
• Partner closely and leverage the Accounting and Finance teams for key information points including historical reporting and data collection. May include activities related to cost accounting, margin reporting, analysis of data and management reports, activity based costing or cost allocation to products and customers, management reports generation, etc.
• Lead business processes, participate in M&A , etc as requested by the Group FP&A Finance Lead
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Business, Finance, or Accounting.
• 7 years progressive experience in financial planning and analysis, accounting management, or corporate strategic finance
• Experience establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with business leaders, finance leaders, and other functional leaders
• Ability to work in a matrix environment while positively influencing other areas of the organization
• Strong analytical background, attention to details, ability to zoom in/out without losing the big picture
• Result oriented
• Strong and genuine team player
• Excellent communication and organization skills
• Advanced skills in MS Excel, and proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Enterprise financial systems proficiency, ie. SAP
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
• MBA or CPA
• Previous experience working for a multi-national organization
Primary Location US-KS-Overland Park
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job