Post Doctoral Scientist - Protein
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Post Doctoral Scientist - Protein-PLY00382 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill is an international producer and marketer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. Cargill helps customers succeed through collaboration and innovation, and is committed to applying its global knowledge and experience to help meet economic, environmental and social challenges wherever it does business. Cargill is a leader in providing various food ingredients to the food, bio-industrial and feed industries. Cargill is building its protein portfolio, and subsequent expertise needed to support protein research. The job objective is to strengthen our expertise in proteins as ingredients that impart structure and nutrition in our Ingredient, Material and Nutrition (IMN) Research Team. The candidate for this job must have experience with proteins in food and/or feed applications, and a solid understanding of their physical and functional properties.
In summary, this job is focused on strengthening Cargill's impact on various protein based ingredients (e.g. vegetable, single cell proteins, etc.) by leading research activities and actively participating in protein-related business projects. The candidate for this job must therefore have hands on experience in protein properties (e.g. chemical, physical, and functional), and their processing (e.g. extraction, separation, enzyme, chemical modification, etc.) and structure/function impacts.
The candidate will start with a 12 month appointment, with any supplement period subject to project length.
60% Technical Leadership:
- You bring expertise to our project teams working on proteins. Your expertise helps us interpret proteins and their interactions with other ingredients in food, feed, or bio-industrial product formulations. Your creativity helps us formulate new ingredients and ingredient system concepts to impart unique structural/functional characteristics in foods, feeds and bio-industrial products.
- You contribute to and lead activities to build capabilities in protein functionality and processing. You bring expertise around extraction of proteins and modification of functional proteins (physical/enzymatic), and interpretation of the relationship between protein structure and functionality due to changes in protein confirmation/functionality during processing and protein applications to food/feed/bio-industrial product formulations
- You will support internal client-driven projects related to proteins with colleagues from research and application fields.
- You proactively monitor and report research advancement using traditional sources to identify discovery and development of proteins with new/improved functional benefits.
- Your creativity helps you to formulate new ingredients and ingredient systems to impart unique functional, nutritional and quality characteristics in foods and feeds, and functional and quality characteristics in bio-industrial areas.
- You bring expertise to the project teams working on protein chemistry and its interactions with other ingredients in food and feed matrices.
20% Connectivity and Collaboration:
- You will keep your knowledge base updated in the area of expertise, and connect with colleagues in the field within Cargill and with our customers.
- You effectively represent Cargill at technical meetings, with customers, and with other technical and non-technical leaders inside Cargill.
- You contribute to, and/or lead, client-driven projects related to proteins with colleagues from research, applications, and business.
- You establish an external network with key players in the domain.
10% IP Leadership:
- You lead/contribute to inventions and for intellectual property protection in your area of expertise
10% Project Management:
- You will be accountable for research project management and/or technical lead in protein based projects including good laboratory practices and experimental planning.
- You should be capable of being a team member in a cross-functional team of scientists conducting research within a portfolio of projects. You will report results in written and in oral presentations to cross-functional audiences.
- PhD in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Food Science, or Food / Chemical Engineering or a closely related field.
- Deep understanding of proteins and their interactions with other ingredients in food or feed or bio-industrial systems
- Experience with applications of analytical techniques used to characterize protein functionalities in different matrixes
- Opportunity to work with application of technologies and knowledge to deliver value added solutions to customers
- Strong knowledge and experience in multi-disciplinary skills such as an understanding of food processing, chemistry, and/or analytical skills in the field of proteins
- Effective oral, written, presentation and communication skills in English
- Demonstrated good technical writing skills and presentation skills that could be used in professional journals and organizations.
- Demonstrated collaboration skills
- Post doctorate experience in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Food Science or Food/Chemical Engineering or a closely related field.
- Familiarity with fundamental science and applications of proteins in feed and/or industrial experience.
- Experience in project management.
- Preferred Skills: Multi-disciplinary skills: polymer chemistry, protein physical properties and interactions with other ingredients , Chemical processing and analytical methodology as related to proteins
Job Research and Development
Primary Location US-MN-Plymouth
Job Type Temporary Work
Shift Day Job
Apply for Post Doctoral Scientist - Protein
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly