Sr. Technical Analyst - IT Resiliency
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Sr. Technical Analyst - IT Resiliency-HOP04080 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
As part of the TGRC Business Resiliency team, the Sr Technical Analyst - IT Resiliency is responsible for aiding the architecture, implementation and testing of the disaster recovery (DR) solutions across the enterprise. This global role partners with cross functional teams to lead them in ensuring their DR solutions meet business requirements and remain in a ready state of preparedness.
A fundamental success factor for this position is to have a solid technical background/understanding of the technology stack (network, backup, infrastructure, applications, databases, middleware, etc) to ensure an end to end perspective is upheld in our DR plans and testing. Also key is the ability to coordinate a team made up of a combination of indirect IT teammates, outsourced staff, and outsourced services, to ensure the team functions to meet the business goals and business requirements for Disaster Recovery.
This role will leverage your business process, technology, communications, and general analysis skills to help coordinate, assess, and document risks and mitigation strategies for our partners' processes and technologies. Additional major responsibilities of the include:
- Maintain an enterprise inventory of critical business processes and supporting IT systems.
- Guide and support the creation of consistent, comprehensive and high quality DR plans throughout the enterprise, particularly in respect to critical business processes and critical IT systems and services.
- Consult on the drafting and maintenance of TGRC DR-related policies, standards, procedures and guidelines.
- Consult with BUs/Functions in the identification and management of DR project-related risks.
- Monitor and prepare management reports on DR-related plans, progress to plans, budgets, risks and opportunities.
- Provide internal consultancy support and direction to the BUs/Functions on DR matters.
- Coordinate and/or deliver DR-related awareness, training, and educational activities.
- Assist with independent DR tests of critical Platform DR plans.
60% DR Consulting, Analysis, & Support
- Provide thought leadership to plan, build, run and manage the design and implementation of enterprise-wide resiliency, service continuity and disaster recovery management, including policies, maturity models, methodologies, sourcing strategies, plans, metrics and scorecards.
- Coordinate, facilitate and provide detailed direction for all disaster recovery testing activities.
- Coordinate with business staff, external business partners and key IT staff members for the purpose of planning, directing, controlling and maintaining an effective disaster recovery testing schedule.
- Provide leadership in coordinating, assessing and communicating recovery environment requirements associated with the current data center environment and participate in new activities, with appropriate technology groups, resulting in recommendations to enable timely, effective decisions regarding data center recovery planning and execution.
- Provide coordination for the disaster recovery team for all phases of DR exercise projects.
- Orchestrate the execution of the disaster recovery plan(s) when a business or IT disruption occurs, in coordination with the IT crisis management/event management processes.
- Create program update communications to internal management regarding the status of the IT disaster recovery and resiliency.
- Provide mentoring to junior members of the team, with cross-training and oversight on project work.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Advocate for and support Cargill's risk governance and compliance policy and the strategies of the Global Business Resiliency team.
- Document business and technology processes, remediation plans, and procedures to support TGRC policies.
10% Monitoring & Reporting
- Proactively communicate status reports, issues, gaps, etc. to stakeholders and/or leadership as needed.
- Research, evaluate, and report on aspects of the DR processes.
5% Education & Awareness
- Develop educational and training materials for the DR domains, including improving and refining methods and artifacts of the Business Resiliency team.
- BA or BS degree (or higher) in business or related field OR 7 years of IT experience in lieu of degree.
- 8 years of technical experience
- 1 years designing and testing disaster recovery plans is a plus.
- Proven track record of success as an engineer or architect in one or more of the following areas required: applications, systems (Windows/Unix), storage, database, data centers, and/or networking.
- Demonstrated experience with data center operations or data center servers, storage, network infrastructure and/or database technology required.
- Working knowledge of data and voice telecommunications to assist in the preparation of related recovery procedures required.
- Proven experience in the use and application of IT project and program management tools required.
- Experience managing relationships with internal stakeholders and external parties, and leading high-performance, multidisciplinary workgroups to meet recoverability goals, required.
- Availability to be on-call to respond to issues or problems that arise during non-business hours, including working off-hours to support disaster recovery test activities, required.
- Demonstrated ability to work under stressful conditions, such as business-related crises, required.
- Proficient verbal and written skills required to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Knowledge of business impact analysis, risk analysis, and DR plan documentation and maintenance.
- Working knowledge and experience with DR planning and testing (e.g., table-tops, component tests, full-scale exercises).
- Demonstrated ability to conduct and interpret quantitative and qualitative analysis that leads to the development of processes and supporting technical details.
- Ability to take objectives and turn into relevant and actionable activities.
- Effective team skills that include building peer relations, conflict resolution, communications, and understanding and appreciating differences.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Project, SharePoint, PowerPoint, and proven aptitude using modeling software for process documentation.
- Ability to travel up to 15%.
- Advanced degree.
- 10 years of technical experience.
- 2 years designing and testing disaster recovery plans is a plus.
- Possess relevant industry accepted/recognized certification(s) such as: Disaster Recovery Certified Specialist (DRCS), Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP), Associate Business Continuity Profession (ABCP) or higher, MBCI, and/or familiar with industry standards ISO 23001, BS25999, etc.
- Knowledge of core infrastructure and technology services such as: OS, DB, replication, data protection and storage, especially as it relates to BC/DR solutions and testing.
- Fortune 500 company analysis experience, including experience on major system replacement or enhancement projects.
- In depth experience facilitating DR test exercises, including full-scale exercises with cross-functional teams.
- Familiar with cyber security qualitative and quantitative analysis processes and tools for risk mitigation.
Job Information Technology
Primary Location US-MN-Hopkins
Other Locations United States
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Sr. Technical Analyst - IT Resiliency
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly