Certifications Coordinator-FRA00404 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Feed & Nutrition develops, manufactures and markets a broad range of animal feeds and customized animal nutrition solutions direct to producers and through dealers in more than 25 countries. The business sells branded products in many species segments, including:
- Pet food
The majority of product is sold through the Cargill®, Nutrena® and non-U.S. Purina® brands. Additional products are sold under the Loyall® pet food brand and Promote® feed additives brand. Commercial agricultural feed is sold in different forms such as concentrate and complete feed.
The business also includes CAN Technologies Inc., which provides technical services, technology licensing, software and management services to both internal and external customers.
The Certifications Coordinator will direct all activities necessary to comply with relavent certifications to the business (e.g., BAP, Global GAP, ISO, etc…). This position will work closely with the production, food safety, and environmental health and safety teams to organize and develop documents, produres, and training to satisfy certification requirements. This position will arrange and be the primary lead for certification audits. Additionally, the position will be responsible for closing gaps/non-conformances discovered during the audits. The position will be located in Franklinton, LA, and will play a key role in helping the team execute on strategic goals that require certifications.
- 70% Oversee, Coordinate, & Implement Certifications (e.g., Bests Aquaculture Practices, Global GAP, ISO, etc…) - Ensure documents/procedures are updated, implemented, and in compliance with company and regulatory policies, actual work procedures, and certification requirements; Assist in editing good manufacturing practices procedures to comply with certification requirements; Represent the company in certification audits with management; Monitor status of corrective actions from certifications; Suggest and monitor continuous improvement projects; Work closely with FSQR and EHS programs to monitor effectiveness of FSQR and EHS programs to ensure its proper implementation by analyzing information and generating reports to management; Train internal auditors to ensure compliance with certification requirements; & Prepare/lead pursuit of any new certificates through research and gap analysis
- 15% Supplier Evaluation - Work with RMS/FSQR team to obtain supplier documents; Assist FSQR team to ensure all ingredients are from approved suppliers; Work with suppliers to comply with certification requirements; Obtain completed Suppplier Self-Assessments; Annually perform supplier evaluations; Audit facilities if necessary with support from FSQR team, & Monitor supplier performance based on supplier self-assessment
- 10% Support EHS and FSQR Teams - Active member of Food Safety Team and Plant Safety Team; Conduct rountine quality assurance, food safety, and plant safety walkthroughts; & Assist with quality assurance as needed
- 5% Train Employees - Develop training materials for employees to comply with certification requirements; Monitor and verify training through quizzes, observations, and audits; & Provide feedback to employees during monthly meetings
- Environmental conditions - occasionally must be able to work in standard conditions of a feed mill (i.e., variable temperatures, changes in weather, proper PPEs, heavy equipment, etc.)
- Physical effort - must be able to pass standard physical assessments for working in a plant environment
- Bachelor's degree OR 5 years of related experience
- 1 years experience with food safety programs (i.e., HACCP, ISO, & GMPs)
- Basic HACCP knowledge
- Highly organized
- Demonstrate ability to effectively work and communicate with multiple teams to achieve certifications
- 5 years experience in food safety programs and/or aquaculture
- Knowledge of aquaculture
- Basic auditing/compliance experience in feed mills
- Basic supplier evaluation experience
- Basic knowledge of relevant aquaculture (e.g., BAP, Global GAP, &ASC) and manufacturing (e.g., ISO22000, PAS, & HACCP) certifications
Job Quality Assurance/Food Safety
Primary Location US-LA-Franklinton
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job