2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Farm Marketer-TOP00119 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Cargill's Agricultural Supply Chain - North America (CASC NA) connects agricultural producers to food, feed and industrial customers through a seamless supply chain. We help our customers compete in the global market and efficiently deliver products from origins to destinations through our marketing, sourcing, originating, storing, trading, consulting and processing of grain, oilseeds and crop inputs products and solutions. CASC NA business reaches across Canada, United States & Mexico with an expansive asset footprint including over 200 grain elevators, export/import facilities, oilseed crush plants, biodiesel facilities, and farm service centers.
The Farm Marketer is an agricultural sales and grain marketing specialist, responsible for developing long-term relationships with identified customers, and working face to face with grain producers on the farm. You will help farmers prosper and maximize their return by utilizing Cargill's full range of products, grain marketing services, and resources. Through the use of business planning tools and our expertise, you will help to solve customer problems and create new opportunities.
The individual will generate revenue by proactively and efficiently buying grain from and selling grain marketing solutions to targeted farmers (and designated others) within the region. Work in close alignment with Merchants, Origination Specialists, Grain Marketing Advisors, Sales Agronomists and Sales Support Representatives to achieve overall business results and deliver superior customer service. They will be responsible for delivering against agreed upon business goals and drive consistent execution of critical processes and systems in a manner that aligns with our values of safety and being the “Partner of Choice” for our customers.
This position will be based within a home office and support a territory surrounding Topeka, KS.
- Actively participate in the planning and execution of the regional strategy, business plans, sales and marketing efforts - in particular, the process of defining targeted customers.
- Contact with customers, directly and with other customer solutions specialists and farm marketers to: originate grain, introduce and sell Cargill products and risk management tools, assist producers in forming marketing plans, define customer needs, etc.
- Develop long-term relationships with targeted customers by personalizing the solutions package to the individual customer's needs and aggressively selling value with the intent of maximizing returns for both the customer and Cargill.
- Keep and use detailed records on the targeted customers to enhance the understanding of customers' problems and needs.
- Communicate producer trends, marketing plans, crop conditions, wants / needs / concerns to the appropriate people within the region and product lines.
1 or more years of business-to-business sales experience
Strong customer-service focus
Strong communication and listening skills
Ability to influence decision-making
Excellent interpersonal skills
Demonstrated understanding of the sales process.
Demonstrated ability to receive feedback and alter approach as needed.
Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team
2 year post-secondary education or equivalent experience
Capable of delivering innovation
Demonstrated knowledge of production agriculture
Ability to work effectively within a team
Capable of delivering innovation
Agriculture/rural background with knowledge of production agriculture.
Primary Location US-KS-Topeka
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Farm Marketer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly