3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Production Supervisor-KAL00023 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Temco, LLC is a 50/50 joint venture between Cargill, Inc and CHS, INC that buys, sells, stores and handles grain for export from the Pacific Northwest. Today, Temco employees 50 people and operates 3 Export Grain Terminals in Tacoma, Washington, in Portland, Oregon and in Kalama, Washington. The main bulk products handled are: corn, soybeans and wheat. Leveraging the strengths of Temco's parents (CHS and Cargill), including; producer grain origination, operational excellence, rail logistics, ocean freight logistics, financial services, freight forwarding and other supporting functions, Temco is well positioned to service both interior USA grain producer customers and overseas customers. Cargill/CHS is currently recruiting for a Production Supervisor I for our Kalama, Washington facility.
Supervision of export terminal activities. This includes, but is not limited to: vessel loading, rail unloading, binning and stock records, stevedoring, safety and sanitation.
35% - Lead operational functions performed at this facility. Coordinate with the Assistant Logistic Superintendent to meet the goals of our vessel loading and barge/rail unloading programs which are key drivers to the profitability of this location. Develop daily crew schedules with the unionized staff (ILWU) to meet our customer's needs. Train in the control room to obtain an understanding of the Federal Grain Inspection Service grading standards and use this knowledge to make informed decisions on binning & inventory management.
30% - Ensure the Environmental Health & Safety Programs are being followed and provides a safe working environment to our employees, customers and community. Ensure product quality standards and customer needs are met through execution of the Food & Feed Safety programs. Perform daily sanitation inspections to ensure the facility is meeting Cargill & OSHA standards.
20% - Provide training on critical safety programs such as confined space entry, burning and welding, lock-out/tag-out, standard operating procedures, etc. Participate in the hiring of production personnel as needed to meet staffing needs. Manage the training of newly hired employees utilizing the on-boarding checklist. Provide on-going training to current employees to learn new tasks.
15% - Perform daily inspections of the facility noting any mechanical defects & reporting them both directly to the Maintenance Leadership Team and through the Computerized Maintenance Management System. Assist in maintenance activities when working second shift or week-end duty.
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 years of experience in industrial plant environment.
- 2 years maintenance management, engineering, or production management.
- Proven leadership skills
- Ability to develop and manage good working relationships with internal departments, contractors, suppliers, inspectors and customers
- Ability to take off-hour calls and rotate weekend coverage with facility staff as needed
- Advanced computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Access, CMMS, etc)
- Ability to effectively manage change.
- Ability to make independent decisions
- Proven leadership skills
- Task oriented
- Effective Communication [verbal, written, presentation, numeric] skills for multiple levels of Cargill and customer organizations
- Working knowledge with Environmental Health and Safety
- Willingness/ability to work rotating shifts
- Previous grain terminal experience
- 2 years' experience stevedoring/ship agent experience
- 2 years' experience in safety management
- Working knowledge of grain handling equipment
- Knowledge of grain grading and warehousing regulations
Primary Location US-WA-Kalama
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Production Supervisor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly