3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Process Engineer-UNI04970 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The purpose of this position is to provide technical leadership, operations experience, continuous improvement and project management skills in a plant support capacity that ensures safe, efficient and low cost plant operations.
20% Implement best practices related to soy processing plant operations
20% Lead Process Safety Information (PSI) program
20% Execute projects and process safety improvements driven by the OSHA PSM program. This may include oversight of the location PSM program
20% Technical and project lead for Operational Excellence related projects - BTU/BU, WFF, Hull Fat, Yield Optimization, Solvent Loss
10% Work assignments as determined required by Department Superintendent
5% Champion resource efficiency and energy conservation
5% Champion the Management of Change(MOC)/Programming Change Management (PCM) program
Lead Process Safety Management program for site
Process efficiency monitoring and improvement practices
Implementing best practices and coaching team for high performance
Organize, plan, and manage a crush process on a daily shift basis in terms of safety, product safety, product quality, customer satisfaction, time delivery, costs, and environment.
Ensure P&ID's are current
Comply with policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
Participates in daily production meetings.
Ensures work is performed according to specifications and standards
Develop, submit, and follow through with projects that meet budget and timeline.
Support Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) program and compliance within a manufacturing environment.
Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve operational issues
Follow all Cargill safety rules and regulations.
Attend various safety, department and training meetings. Facilitate meetings as required.
Support production team as needed and will perform any other duty as assigned by the Department Superintendent.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
This position is posted internally as well as externally
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Food engineering or other engineering discipline
- 2 years of experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment
- Experience in a food production environment (soy processing, edible oil refinery or comparable)
- Able to present complicated matter in a clear way -written and verbally
- Active and engaging oral communication skills
- Leadership and strong influencing skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- Ability to technically advise and troubleshoot
- Ability to identify resources and establish a plan to execute complex tasks
- Ability to take off-hour calls and rotate on call.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong execution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage priorities.
- Demonstrated expertise in managing multiple tasks, projects, and deadlines in a highly dynamic environment.
- Practical business acumen.
- Demonstrated teamwork and the ability to effectively collaborate with others.
- Ability to influence others outside of formal reporting relationships.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to travel 10%
- Must be able and willing to work in an outdoor environment with exposure to grain dust.Must be able to ascend and descend stairs, ladders, etc., to work in elevated areas of the plant, and must be able to work in confined spaces.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Strong interest in continuous improvement.
- WW Crush COE best practice knowledge and interest in implementing
- BS degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Food engineering or other engineering discipline
- 3 years operations experience
- Ability to lead change
- Understanding of PI (data historian), ACAD (auto CAD), MS Project
- Solvent extraction processing, soy prep processing, and bulk material handling experience
- Strong data analysis capabilities including continuous improvement experience or certifications
- Proven ability to drive results
- Project management experience
- Equipment installation experience
Primary Location US-IL-Bloomington
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Process Engineer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly