Group Transportation & Logistics Leader, Protein North America
1 day left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Group Transportation & Logistics Leader, Protein North America-WIC03558 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The Business Transporation & Logistics (BTL) Lead is a new position created in conjunction with the changes across Cargill Business Operations Supply Chain (BOSC) and Enterprise structures. The BTL is a nested position responsible for transportation & logistics activities of the business (or set of businesses). Most if not all T&L work activity will be preformed by the function on behalf of the business. The purpose of this role is to provide clear connection and joint accountability between the businesses and the CTL function and will serve as the point of contact representing both the business commercial and supply chain as well as the Function's requirements. As a member of the CTL regional leadership team reporting directly to the CTL Regional Leader and a member of the Group/Enterprise BOSC extended leadership team, the BTL will understand and respresent the full scope of the business's transporation & logistics activities, ensure execution within the business and drive the effort towards delivery on transportation & logistics metrics.
Includes work in the areas of strategy & execution leadership, business budget & resource management, sourcing compliance, activity monitoring & measurement, supply chain interface, customer relationship and talent management inputs.
40% Strategy & Planning:
• Leads development and implementation of transportation & logistics long term vision and strategic direction for a large BU, including long-range objectives, policies and strategy.
• Responsible for ensuring Function policies and best practices are incorporated into BU strategies.
• Provides T&L input into IBP, Supply Chain Planning, and Strategic Pricing processes.
• Provides management oversight and support to successfully execute short and long term transportation & logistics strategies.
• Ensures the business' full participation in CTL shared service (CBS) strategy.
• Actively participates in and presents at planned meetings, including peers and other transportation & logistics leadership for a large BU.
• Using an advanced knowledge of transportation & logistics practices and procedures, understands markets for a large BU, in order to identify opportunities for Cargill business.
30% Service Performance Management:
• Own Business' T&L budget and deliverables.
• Accountable for achieving transportation & logistics targets and goals for a large BU.
• Identifies, generates and tracks metrics across a large BU to measure transportation & logistics performance and value realization against defined short and long term objectives (eg. G and A cost reduction, process improvements and system utilization).
• Recommends enterprise and business group T&L continuous process improvements.
• Ensures governance of all transportation & logistics activities within a large BU comply with Corporate/CTL/regulatory policies/controls/PDT.
30% Relationship Management & Alignment:
• Leverage and align BU transportation strategies with CTL strategic priorities, including mode, regional, CTL operations, business/strategy development and talent/HR.
• Link Business to CTL and shared services execution and improvement opportunties.
• Aligns resources to execute against short term and long term strategies and meeting transportation & logistics organization and BU objectives.
• Stakeholder relationships within the Business, partners with senior leadership to manage more significant and/or more complex transportation & logistics matters for a large BU which may have significant financial or competitive risk and/or risk to Cargill strategy, brand, or global reputation.
• Partners with other BTL team members within and across regional organizations to ensure reliable service delivery across internal clients and external customers.
• Jointly own the service level agreement and review between CTL and BU.
• Identify, onboard, develop T&L talent (i.e. partners with other members of the regional transportation & logistics leadership team to develop, manage and engage talent).
• In addition to the current position requirements: travel to include participation in Regional CTL meetings (quarterly) and CTL extended leadership team meetings (1-2 per year)
• University degree preferably in logistics, supply chain (and related fields) or business management
• 12 years experience in Transportation & Logistics
• 8 years experience in sourcing & logistics operations
• General understanding of Transporation & Logistics laws and regulations
• 5 years of leadership in a complex multi-modal orgaznization
• Change leadership experience
• Effective negotiation experience
• Strong management skills
• Proven analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Strong understanding of financial business drivers
• Demonstrated cost management, operating efficiency and expense management skills
• Demonstrated ability to lead, devlop and coach a high performing team
• Strong leadership and people management abilities
• Ability to drive for results and manage ambiguity
• Able to effectively collaborate with diverse set of people
• Demonstrated ability to effectively influence without authority and collaborate with functional areas and businesses.
• Ability to effectively build credibility and trust with businesses and key leaders
• Team player; able to act and think beyond self/BU on behalf of CTL organization and Cargill
MBA or equivalent in logistics, supply chain (and related fields) or business management
• Leading or managing a private fleet
• Rail Logistics experience perferred
• Ability to leverage the functionality of an SAP TM or other Transportation Management System (TMS)
• Multi Lingual (position dependent)
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Job Transportation/Logistics and Forwarding
Primary Location US-KS-Wichita
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Group Transportation & Logistics Leader, Protein North America
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly