Channel Marketing Manager / Senior Channel Marketing Manager
Channel Marketing Manager / Senior Channel Marketing Manager-WAY05555 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
DescriptionCargill Protein is a leader at delivering primary processed and value added proteins into the Foodservice, Retail and Manufacturing market channels. It operates several food processing facilities located in the US and Canada. Our customers in Foodservice are comprised of large national restaurant chain operators, contract feeding companies and both national and regional foodservice distributors. Our Retail customers are comprised of primarily large national grocery retailers and warehouse clubs. Our Manufacturing customers are comprised of large branded manufacturers of retail consumer packaged goods. The customers from these channels are attracted to working with Cargill because of our demonstrated leadership in delivering innovative products, integrity, operational excellence, food safety and risk management.
The Channel Marketing Manager will be responsible for activating the Cargill Protein Foodservice value proposition and product portfolio through a compelling and tailored approach for each target customer or target segment to drive sustainable and profitable growth.
Key responsibilities include leading key initiatives to enable product line strategy, leading customer marketing strategy development, creating channel marketing communications plans, developing sales activation strategies and leading customer marketing support. This role collaborates across product line teams to ensure execution of product line strategy.
30% Customer Marketing Strategy and Planning
- Act as the Marketing leader with key selected customers as well as create the marketing strategy for targeted foodservice segments and customers. Collaborate with Cargill Foodservice and Cargill Protein Sales to develop strategic customer plans.
20% Channel Marketing Communications Strategy
- Develop and execute customer focused integrated marketing communications strategies in collaboration with product lines to meet growth goals. Will include segment and customer specific plans utilizing an insights led approach.
40% Sales Activation and Customer Marketing Support
- Generate demand for Cargill Protein's products through sales activation and marketing support. Lead customer marketing support with Marketing, Insight, Category Management, and Culinary and work across all proteins within the Foodservice channel. Support customer segmentation and Sales coverage with selling tools and support materials. Active engagement with Product Marketing and Cargill Sales team to support growth opportunities, provide tailored marketing presentations, develop sales activation tools, and address customer specific marketing needs.
10% Team Leadership
- Coach and develop talent across the Foodservice Protein team. Responsible for developing business leaders and instilling a strong commercial, results driven mindset. Help to build an ‘outside in' culture. Develop marketing capabilities and establish a talent pipeline for the Protein Group
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Bachelor's degree
- Seven or more years in marketing, product management or business development
- Demonstrated ability to influence and lead cross-functional teams
- Experience in developing Marketing plans and effective sales activation programs
- Proven conceptual and strategic marketing stills
- Demonstrated ability to translate data into strategic insights
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be results oriented, innovative and creative
- MBA preferred
- Knowledge of foodservice channel
- Strong learning agility and ability to make recommendations to existing processes
Primary Location US-MN-Wayzata
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job