Refinery PDG Engineer
Refinery PDG Engineer-HAM00809 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The key charter of this position is to provide technical and engineering focus to the Process Development Group's (PDG) priorities. Role includes business case development for projects, performing engineering operations, managing best practice implementation projects, addressing gaps in best practice performance, monitoring key measures performance and addressing gaps, and assisting in justification of capital expenses and resource allocations. The role will include development, analysis, interpretation, and utilization of data and information during project inception, and execution. The person in this role is responsible for continuous improvement and Stable Operations sustainment in a designated operational area. This position also includes the utilization of continuous improvement (CI) tools including statistical analysis, optimization, as well as facilitation of Kaizen events as needed. This role will also support safety, food safety, and environmental improvement efforts.
- Perform engineering activities at respective location to address best practice gaps and execute projects.
- Understand key measure and CMO requirements and ensure they are adhered to and addressed during project execution.
- Function as a key representative to the PDG at respective location. Function as key point of contact for peers and PDG members at other locations.
- Become the expert in a specific area, and ensure knowledge is transferred to other locations. Assist other locations in becoming best in class in this area.
- Maintain involvement with and understanding of breakthrough technologies. Assist and support R&D section in trials, and eventual implementation of concepts.
- Be location expert on equipment and systems. Identify and address methods to improve equipment/system efficiency, performance, and reliability.
- Lead department activities related to Stable Operations, including dent tracking, IDEX meetings, and tracking performance relating to stability and Q1/Q3.
- Support the day-to-day operations as necessary in coverage for other team members (Team Leader, department supervisor, etc.)
This position is posted internally as well as externally
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Bachelor's degree in engineering (Chemical or Mechanical).
Minimum of 5 years of practical experience after graduation
A minimum of one year of operations supervision experience in a manufacturing environment.
Demonstrate high level of technical ability and ability to understand complex operational, engineering, and business activities.
Implement technical solutions and best practices locally and throughout the organization.
Demonstrate ability to manage multiple projects and communicate goals, objectives, and accomplishments to a broad audience across multiple levels of the organization.
Strong organization and time management skills.
Strong independent decision making skills.
Demonstration of strong leadership skills.
Ability to travel 10% of the time.
Project management experience.
Familiar with Cargill's Project Delivery Process (PDP).
Corn syrup refining and/or maltodextrin spray drying experience.
Six Sigma Green Belt certified.Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Primary Location US-IN-Hammond
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job