Human Capital Analytics Lead
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Human Capital Analytics Lead-WAY05589 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
The Human Capital Analytics Lead (HCAL) will be responsible for the HR analytics and Workforce Planning strategy and delivery model for Cargill, which includes formulating the vision and approach for workforce analytics that delivers workforce/talent insights for HR and business leaders that results in effective, actionable recommendations to improve business performance.
The HCAL will partner with HR, businesses and other key stakeholders to develop strategic choices for tools and methods to monitor, measure, and improve organizational human capital planning and decision making.
In addition, this role will lead and design approaches and processes for effective use of metrics and analytics across the HR function to drive results. In collaboration with HR Leadership, this role will support HR strategy design, decision making and measurement using data and analytics to monitor progress and improve key human capital decisions and achieve HR goals.
The HCAL will partner closely with BUHR, Global HR Solutions and HR COE leaders to gain detailed understanding of the data-based insights needed to inform key people processes and decisions.
This role will proactively evaluate the effectiveness of human capital practices, and sharpen the value proposition of human capital initiatives through analysis and metrics.
The HCAL will be expected to draw upon his/her deep experience and understanding of reporting and analytics, problem-solving and consultative skills
Drive HR Analytics and Workforce Planning Strategy and Establish HR Analytics Delivery Model
- Provide thought leadership on Human Capital Analytics (HCA) and HR analytics for Cargill - corporate wide.
- Designs and implements strategic workforce planning (demand analysis based on business drivers, granular supply and skill gaps analysis) to guide senior management's customized human resource strategies across the business to support achievement of goals.
- Transforms data from various sources requiring the original development and expert use of sophisticated query and reporting, statistical transformation, regression analysis, extraction, and presentation tools
- Oversees requests for HR data and analysis including the State of Talent for Executive leadership and Cargill Board of Directors
- Researches best practices and trends, and performs deep research and statistical analysis on long range strategic HR Human Capital needs.
- Ensures consistent application of workforce data definitions; verifies accuracy and quality of all data, metrics and deep workforce analytics research within Cargill.
- Ensures a thorough understanding of corporate and enterprise goals, metrics, and reporting needs
- Lead the use of people data and analysis to provide insights that enable Cargill's businesses to improve performance, and support fact-based decision-making.
- Advance the use and understanding of complex analytical techniques and statistical/critical thinking across HR, including the use of business data to evolve to predict and measure business impact
- Develop a common set of measures and reporting to connect and integrate the full talent lifecycle - SWP, Recruiting, TM , L&D, Employee Engagement, PM and Total Rewards.
- Effectively assess the present global measurement and reporting capabilities, and implement short-term changes while looking ahead to support a company-wide commitment to advance Cargill's talent results.
Oversee the Delivery of HR Analytics Capabilities:
- Serve as overall project leader responsible for prioritization of analytics projects/needs and timelines.
- Manage a portfolio of HR analytics projects, ensuring resources are involved, budgets and timelines are integrated.
- Lead community of practice and build capability across the HR organization and provide consulting as needed on issues where HCA is involved.
- Oversee the use of data-based methodologies, tools, and approaches to provide insights that create effective workforce insights and solutions.
- Develop and optimize existing HR reports for key metrics. Establish cadence and partner with CBS to deliver standard enterprise reporting.
- Promote continuous improvement and the application of formal process tools such as lean and six sigma. Work closely with the HR Portfolio Review Team.
Actively Collaborate and Partner with Key Stakeholders and Practice Teams:
- Collaborate with Business HR Leaders, Solutions Delivery teams, COEs, and other business and function stakeholders to ensure desired outcomes are understood and being achieved
- Proactively build and maintain relationships with analytics teams in other businesses and functions leveraging resources, expertise and tools
Team Leadership and Talent Management:
- Select, develop, and retain a high performing team.
- Set and align resources to address priorities and longer-term initiatives.
- Deliver timely performance feedback and coach staff in career/performance development
- Establish and lead a culture of engagement in which people develop and apply their talents
- Enable decision-making of direct and indirect reports
- Provide input into approval decisions for the day-to-day operations within the overall area of responsibility
- Oversee the employee management process for direct reports(i.e. staffing decisions, coaching, development plans, and performance evaluations)
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Master's degree in business, finance, mathematics, statistics, information systems, human resources , I/O psychology, or a related discipline
- Demonstrated business acumen and ability to connect human capital insights to business impact
- Proven effective executive communication skills and ability to interact with senior level leaders
- Proven track record as strong collaborator and promoter of collaboration across the organization
- Proven ability to build and lead a high performing team
- 10 years conducting research in a global organization and/or leading a global analytics function and/or leading a finance/business function.
- 5 years consulting and/or client-facing experience preferably in a global organization.
- 5 years leading a team, preferably with analytics oversight.
- Knowledge of talent management, workforce planning, and HR measurement preferably within a global company.
- Build and maintain credibility throughout HR as a trusted partner and team player.
- Logical thinker with analytical problem solving abilities and a bias toward data-driven decisions including being able to translate business objectives and challenges into analytics priorities
- Strong influencing skills to drive the HCA strategy across the organization.
- Strong relationship skills to build and deepen relationships with HR and business leaders
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize quantitative data into easy to understand and actionable recommendations
- Self- starter with a focus on execution excellence to achieve results
- Demonstrated ability to translate data and analytics to drive insights into meaningful business decisions
- Demonstrated ability to manage a global budget
- Full understanding and usage of Statistical Software (such as SPSS, SAS, R)
- Prior experience leading a Human Capital Analytics Organization or COE
Job Human Resources
Primary Location US-MN-Wayzata
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Human Capital Analytics Lead
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly