2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Enterprise Architect-HOP04090 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
DescriptionThe mission of Cargill's Enterprise Architecture(EA) team is to define, drive and maintain convergence toward Cargill's reference and target architectures by establishing EA strategy and processes, managing risk, and initiating or leveraging investments across business processes, applications, information, technology, and security throughout Cargill.
Cargill is searching for an Enterprise Architect to provide direction, guidance, and definition of business and/or application architecture to effectively support the corporate business strategy.
EA is focused on enabling business and IT leaders to make process, data, and technology investment decisions that balance and prioritize current operational demands and opportunities with the longer-term strategic vision of the organization.
This role is also responsible for staying current with emerging business and technology trends, promoting the ‘art of the possible', and driving innovation investments.
40% - Architecture Planning and Development
- Develop, maintain, and improve architectures, including reference/target architectures, principles, roadmaps, patterns, etc.
- Collaborate with strategic IT suppliers to influence product strategy and solutions to align with Cargill business requirements.
- Provide leadership and assist managers in setting the long term direction, roadmaps and standards for functional, process, and/or technical solutions, ensuring they align to the overall enterprise architecture.
- Accountable for solution evaluation and early-phase project estimates to contribute to the business case for architecture solutions as part of a portfolio of architecture solutions.
- Participate in buy, rent or build recommendations for routine and non-routine architectural initiatives.
- Work with businesses to establish clear connections between business goals and strategies and the process data, and technology investments required to achieve them.
- Use business architecture practices to align business, enterprise, and IT strategies
- Partner with business leadership to understand how to leverage data as a competitive advantage and promote architectural methods and solutions to enable business value (e.g. using big data to drive predictive analytics and improve customer experience).
- Provide consultation and recommendations for business capabilities, business process design, business intelligence design, software development design/architecture, application frameworks, and/or interfaces during the design and ongoing care of solutions.
- Regularly interface with other architects, analysts, process designers, application portfolio managers, business relationship managers, and enterprise subject matter experts to understand and evaluate business capability needs.
- Apply an understanding of architecture practices to articulate technology options and risk and mitigation strategies to influence decisions and project direction with leadership.
- Manage adherence to defined standards throughout the design, development and implementation processes for a medium portfolio of architecture solutions including managing exceptions against the portfolio.
- Review new projects and architecture solutions, ensuring they are aligned with the enterprise architecture and meet financial targets.
- Champion data as a corporate asset, ensuring the value realization of the investments Cargill is making in the data and information areas are captured.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and utilize this knowledge to educate both IT and the business on opportunities to build better target architectures that support and drive business decisions.
- Drive the definition of the architecture and technology opportunities of the organization based on new and emerging technologies.
- Provide organizational leadership and guidelines to promote the development and exploitation of technical knowledge in the organization.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of a wide variety of technology disciplines.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Business Administration; OR equivalent work experience
- 8 years of business or IT experience
- Overall knowledge of the technology solutions market
- Strong conceptual, strategic thinking, problem solving, technical, and analytical skills
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence peers and leadership stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Project management, planning and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work effectively within a large matrixed organization and develop trust and credibility with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to quickly comprehend the capabilities of new technologies
- Ability to travel, including internationally, up to 15%
- Business fluency in English
- 3 years of architectural experience working with technology solutions and/or business processes
- Experience participating in collaboration activities with management teams to define business requirements and deliver solutions that meet business goals
- Experience in developing integrated solutions involving process, data, and technology
- Experience with business case development
- Understanding of business architecture concepts including business capability mapping
Job Information Technology
Primary Location US-MN-Hopkins
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Enterprise Architect
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly