Principal Enterprise Architect - Cargill Protein and Salt Enterprise (CPS)
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Principal Enterprise Architect - Cargill Protein and Salt Enterprise (CPS)-HOP04087 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
DescriptionThe mission of Cargill's Enterprise Architecture(EA) team is to define, drive and maintain convergence toward Cargill's reference and target architectures by establishing EA strategy and processes, managing risk, and initiating or leveraging investments across business processes, applications, information, technology, and security throughout Cargill.
Cargill is searching for a Principal Enterprise Architect to lead and manage the architecture for its Cargill Protein and Salt (CPS) global enterprise. CPS encompasses Cargill's poultry, protein, and salt business groups.
This role is focused on enabling business and IT leaders to make process, data, and technology investment decisions that balance and prioritize current operational demands and opportunities with the longer-term strategic vision of the CPS enterprise. This includes business case development (i.e. NPV) and accountability throughout the lifecycle of architecture, from recommendations to implementation and realization of value.
This role is also responsible for staying current with emerging business and technology trends, promoting the ‘art of the possible', and driving innovation investments. This role is able to facilitate the difficult conversations involving balancing corporate strategies and local business requirements. This requires an ability to see multiple perspectives, steer discussions towards fact-based comparisons, and drive significant net value for the enterprise.
40% - Architecture Planning and Development
- Develop, maintains, and improves complex architectures, including reference/target architectures, principles, roadmaps, patterns, etc.
- Collaborate with strategic IT suppliers to influence product strategy and solutions to align with Cargill business requirements.
- Utilizing expert knowledge of architecture, play a role in negotiations with strategic vendors and participate in vendor relationship management process.
- Provide leadership and assists managers in setting the long term direction, roadmaps and standards for functional, process, and/or technical solutions, ensuring they align to the overall enterprise architecture.
- Serves as an “agent of change” to lead the development of IT initiatives and strategies across the enterprise.
- Accountable for solution evaluation and early-phase project estimates to contribute to the business case for complex architecture solutions as part of a large portfolio of architecture solutions.
- Leads buy, rent or build recommendations for complex architectural initiatives.
- Work with businesses to establish clear connections between business goals and strategies and the process data, and technology investments required to achieve them.
- Use business architecture practices to align business, enterprise, and IT strategies
- Partner with business leadership to understand how to leverage data as a competitive advantage and promote architectural methods and solutions to enable business value (e.g. using big data to drive predictive analytics and improve customer experience).
- Provide strategic consultation and recommendations for business capabilities, business process design, business intelligence design, software development design/architecture, application frameworks, and/or interfaces during the design and ongoing care of solutions.
- Regularly interface with other architects, analysts, process designers, application portfolio managers, business relationship managers, and enterprise subject matter experts to understand and evaluate business capability needs.
- Partner with leadership and senior team members to define the architecture and technology opportunities of the organization based on new and emerging technologies. Independently establish priorities and strategies, ensuring they are consistent with business goals and economic viability.
- Enforce and secure adherence to defined standards throughout the design, development and implementation processes for a large portfolio of architecture solutions including managing exceptions against the portfolio.
- Review new projects and architecture solutions, ensuring they are aligned with the enterprise architecture and meet financial targets.
- Play a key leadership role in championing data as a corporate asset, and ensuring the value realization of the investments Cargill is making in the data and information areas are captured.
- Maintain extensive knowledge of industry trends and utilize this knowledge to educate both IT and the business on opportunities to build better target architectures that support and drive business decisions.
- Drive the definition of the architecture and technology opportunities of the organization based on new and emerging technologies.
- Provides organizational leadership and guidelines to promote the development and exploitation of technical knowledge in the organization.
- Demonstrates deep knowledge of a wide variety of technology disciplines.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or Management Information Systems; OR equivalent experience
- 15 years of business experience with diverse operational, development and business roles
- Experience working on at least one full lifecycle ERP implementation, preferably in a global organization
- Experience leading collaboration activities with business teams to define needs and solutions
- Experience in developing integrated solutions involving process, data, and technology
- Experience with business case development
- Experience working in a global team
- Overall knowledge of the technology market, including key vendors and offerings
- Understanding of business architecture concepts including business capability mapping
- Strong conceptual, strategic thinking, problem solving, technical, and analytical skills
- Leadership and interpersonal skills including talent development, teamwork, facilitation and negotiation
- Ability to influence peers and leadership stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent project management, planning and organizational skills
- Proven ability to work effectively within a large matrixed organization and develop trust and credibility with a variety of stakeholders
- Knowledge and ability to support: translation of business needs into architecture requirements, application of multiple technical solutions to business problems, and estimation of the financial impact of architecture alternatives
- Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
- Ability to travel, including internationally, up to 30%
- Business fluency in English
- Experience working with protein industry solutions and processes (e.g. ERP)
Job Information Technology
Primary Location US-MN-Hopkins
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Principal Enterprise Architect - Cargill Protein and Salt Enterprise (CPS)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly