Administrative Sales Support Associate
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Administrative Sales Support Associate-OVE00191 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
This position will provide administrative/communication support to the U.S. Commercial Dairy Sales team in Cargill Feed and Nutrition, headquartered in Kansas City. Incumbent will specifically organize and facilitate effective daily communication between the dairy sales team and their internal/external partners and customers in an effort to decrease dependence on cell phone use while driving. Must be a strong communicator, highly organized, self-starter with business judgment, strong initiative, follow through skills and appropriately handle confidential materials. Add value as a member of the business unit through strong administrative, organizational, technical and communication skills.
80% Answer incoming calls from dairy sales team, farm customers, etc. and determine/execute most effective solution for efficient communication response, including:
- Routing calls to appropriate internal departments (operations, credit, etc.) for immediate assistance;
- Taking messages, providing pertinent information and recommending next communication steps to recipients;
- Effectively prioritizing communication to/from strategic and core customers;
- Answering questions/providing internal process support (Chrome River, Runzheimer's, etc.) for key employees;
- Responding to messages/communicating on behalf of dairy sales team members;
- Utilizing technology to gain efficiency in communication.
20% General support of sales team to aid in effective communication—i.e. searching for information, assisting with problem-solving, accessing existing information for internal/external assistance, identifying resources, searching for new communication solutions, etc.
This position is posted internally as well as externally.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability- Vet
- 3 years of administrative experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage and organize priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse population
- Must be flexible and exhibit positive attitude
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong MS Office experience
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent
- May require to work overtime
- Up to 10% travel
- Thrives in finding new challenges in an ever changing environment
- Knowledge of the business
- Agricultural Background
- B.S. or B.A.
Job Administrative/Support Services
Primary Location US-KS-Overland Park
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Administrative Sales Support Associate
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly