User Assistance Lead
2 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
User Assistance Lead-HOP04065 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
As the User Assistance Lead, you will work closely with our Format Solutions product teams within an agile framework to ensure the quality delivery of commercial software. You will set the vision, strategy, processes, and drive execution for Technical Writing (Online help, End User Manuals, Release Notes, Documentation, and Content Tools strategy) and Training Content necessary to meet expected scope for all Format Solution products. You are expected to have extensive experience creating and publishing content for commercially available products. Resource oversight will include direct, indirect, and global resources ranging from technical writer to training consultants with success dependent upon managing partners (vendors) to expected outcomes. You will be an individual who will challenge the status quo, find efficiencies, and affect change.
40% - Execution and Leadership:
- Manage the technical writing backlog of the technical writing team which includes the management of the execution performance and adherence to deadlines.
- Create and maintain high quality documentation to meet customer needs and agreed upon scope levels based on product investment.
- Perform tests to ensure accuracy of the documentation written aligns with the current software functionality.
- Ensure quality reviews of the team.
- Partner with 3rd parties to deliver training content and instructional design.
- Coordinate product localizations with 3rd parties as needed.
- Work across product teams to identify and resolve issues.
- Prepare high and detailed level estimations of effort in order to achieve a preferred solution.
- Create and maintain working relationships with product teams and key stakeholders.
- Lead process improvement initiatives within the team to ensure continuous improvement in all areas of technical writing, training, and localizations
- Supervise the team and ensure proper team management as per Cargill's processes
- Provide direction, coaching, and development for team members as appropriate
- Execute all Cargill defined talent management processes for their group
- Develop a culture of engagement and inclusiveness within the team
- Communicate key messages to team
- Support, encourage and facilitate collaboration and communication between teams
- Accountable for workforce planning efforts in their area.(Headcount forecasted demand, succession planning, coaching, and team engagement.
- Change agent and collaboration leader that enables delivery across geography
- Understand the needs of our customers, set the vision, and ensure alignment across our company for world class technical writing and training capabilities.
- Determine, implement and provide governance for standardized writing and development processes.
- Influence and educate writers on content standards, document style, and writing style.
- Define process and techniques for customer feedback and insights.
- Evaluate new technologies to improve content management and delivery mechanisms.
- Responsible for the management, allocation, and performance of training content, software localizations, technical writing delivery through strong vendor relationships. This includes definition of roles and responsibilities and the timely acquisition of appropriate resources.
- Ensure routine quality reviews are conducted.
- Hold vendor accountable to agreed upon KPIs.
- Properly manage demand forecast to ensure right resources are in place at the right time.
- University degree in English, technical communication, relevant field or equivalent experience
- 5 years technical writing experience for enterprise business applications
- 5 years experience in software development, working with content management, analysis, design and/or development
- 3 years experience using MadCap Flare, RoboHelp, or similar content management solution to produce content deliverables
- Formal leadership of teams of employees or contractors
- Experience writing content based on a corporate and writing style guide.
- Demonstrated ability to coach and mentor writers
- Proven experience managing vendors to outcomes
- Ability to understand our business, work across groups, be a team player and enjoy working in a team-oriented environment
- Experienced working with ambiguity
- Strong problem solving/decision-making skills
- Experience leading and influencing others, including senior level personnel
- Established skills in identifying and developing strategies to address change management issues
- Experience working for a commercial software product company
- Experience working in Agile software development teams
- Knowledge of feed or supply chain businesses
Job Information Technology
Primary Location US-MN-Hopkins
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for User Assistance Lead
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly