Operations FP&A Sr. Analyst - Cargill Starches, Sweeteners & Texturizers
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Operations FP&A Sr. Analyst - Cargill Starches, Sweeteners & Texturizers-HOP04084 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
Key partner to operations/supply chain leadership, understands drivers of results of yield, variable & fixed manufacturing costs, storage and transportation costs. Manage KPIs to measure progress against business objectives. Involved in productivity, throughput optimization initiatives, inventory and asset management. Understands and develops cost curves for the business plants and compare to the outside world. Responsible for the annual operations planning process. Partners closely with operations to seek value creation opportunities (cost reduction, recovery improvement, throughput, energy optimization, take necessary action to address under performance).
Responsible for planning the annual and multi-year base capital plan, ensuring alignment of planned spend with the health of the business assets. Actively supports and provides financial leadership to the businesses supply & demand planning (S&OP, IBP) processes, working collaboratively with the regional/business FP&A leads.
Financial Planning and Analysis 65%:
• Establish new metrics (i.e. KPIs) to drive performance relative to strategic priorities and ensure current metrics are relevant and effective.
• Translate financial metrics into key insights/recommendations for operational and strategic decision making
• Identify and drive value creation within business (stretch targets). Measured by profit improvement, lower cost and driving performance. Focus management on most critical risks and opportunities.
• Work and communicate within the operations and supply chain teams to take necessary actions to challenge under-performances or/and increase productivity.
• Provide financial and business analysis on projects and key initiatives including business case preparation and commitment models.
• Understand drivers of inventory, translate into inventory reduction strategies and optimized stock levels.
• Partner with purchasing and procurement (supplies, spare parts, services), have a clear line of sight and ensure value for money
• Understands, translates, and provides insight into business performance against competitor & industry trends. Ability to connect the dots.
• Drive planning processes: use cost knowledge to drive accurate forecasts and challenging budgets.
• Actively supports the business' Supply & Demand planning IBP processes, working collaboratively with the Regional/Business FP&A leads.
• Understands controllable and uncontrollable (macro-economic) factors impacting the business and proactively works with operations leadership to develop actionable plans to respond to controllable factors.
• Responsible for planning the annual and multi-year base capital plan for the business.
• Involved in fixed asset management. Give directions in Capex/Opex discussions
• Ensuring rationality of monthly/quarterly financials
• Has good perception of accruals and other liabilities in terms of P/L impact/risk
• Deliver clear presentations including defending positions on controversial topics; adapt style to continuously seek ‘win win' solutions.
• Utilize tools, benchmarking and systems to get to a more efficient and harmonized analysis.
Business Partnership and Leveraging of Resources 35%:
• Advises and provides financial insight into the performance of the business segment.
• Able to drive the behaviour, results or agenda needed for the business. Has a point of view and communicates it effectively thus influencing colleagues by supporting them, challenging them, providing unique perspective and delivering value.
• Partner closely and leverage the Accounting and Finance teams for key information points including historical reporting and data collection. May include activities related to cost accounting, analysis of data and management reports, activity based costing or cost allocation to products, management reports generation, etc.
• Provide broad knowledge of and connect with the right relationships with areas such Operations, Inventory Management, Capex, etc. Partners with A&F, Operational and Engineering PDG´s/COE´s, PMO, other FP&A and cross-business functional and plant managers to play an active role in enhancing connectivity and communication.
• Oversees CAPEX and Portfolio Review processes.
• Serve as a champion of competitive excellence areas and promote a continuous improvement culture.
• Bachelor's Degree or higher in Finance, Business related degrees
• 5 year's relevant experience
• Demonstrates strong operations acumen and be able to understand operations and its key success drivers.
• Proven partnership with cross-functional teams
• Solid grounding in financial metrics, balance sheet and income statement analysis
• Demonstrated success in business partnering initiatives within operations and/or supply chain
• Ability to integrate and interpret disparate sources of data using broad range of analytical data tools. Incorporates use of statistical methodology and predictive modelling techniques.
• Ability to communicate and influence at all levels of the organization and build trust across multiple stakeholder groups
• Design, develop and implement value-added business analytics
• Ability to partner closely with Finance and Accounting teams for key information points.
• Approaches work with a global perspective
• Work confidently within an international, virtual team
• Experience working in a Matrix structure
• Ability to inspire people from different functional areas
• Keen sense of priorities and outspoken advocate of the bottom line
• Proven ability to lead change
• Proven understanding of Change Management frameworks
• Proven high execution capacity
• Constantly looking for better ways of doing things.
• Tenacious, hands-on mentality, capable of executing under pressure
• Analytical proficiency to derive insights from large and complex sets of business data
• MS Office (Excel, Power Point and Word) proficiency
• Strong negotiation skills
• Manage time effectively, prioritising tasks and able to work to deadlines.
• Presents a strong, professional, positive image to others which inspires confidence & commands respect.
• Fluent in English
• Master's Degree/MBA/ACCA or CIMA
• Process mind-set
• Understanding / work data warehouse capabilities (Hyperion, Oracle, etc.)
• Experience in business expansion, divestiture, or acquisition
• Demonstrated leadership
• USGAAP Knowledge
• High level of Statistics Applied to Business or big data
• Knowledge of another European language
• Strong data visualization skills. Experience using Tableau, Power BI, or alternative tools for data visualization
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Primary Location US-MN-Wayzata
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Operations FP&A Sr. Analyst - Cargill Starches, Sweeteners & Texturizers
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly