3 days left
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Product Architect-HOP03987 Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive—a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With 150 years of experience Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at www.cargill.com.
DescriptionFormat Solutions is the industry-leading feed and food software solutions business. Our commitment is to bring value to our customers through a comprehensive, integrated set of software offerings, industry knowledge and expertise in animal and human nutrition. We enable this commitment by being a proven and trusted technology partner, understanding our customers businesses and bringing significant industry knowledge and investment in software and services solutions to our customers - helping them to grow their business.
Driven by Cargill's mission to be the leader in nourishing the world in a safe, responsible, and sustainable way, Format Solutions, www.FormatSolutions.com, operates as a separate and distinct business, driven to be the global leader in delivering a state-of-the-art platform of digital capabilities and solutions to our customers that leverage our organizational knowledge and expertise in animal and human nutrition and mill and farm operations. We are building a world class organization centered on what our customers need in order to help them be successful in their own businesses. We are committed to innovate and develop our products and services so we can deliver the best technology solutions to the market.
The Format Solutions Product Architect sets the strategic direction for the product architectures of the product(s) they serve globally. They manage a portfolio of product architecture solutions with a long-term view and are considered the expert in their product area(s). This position provides strategic expertise and is responsible to provide product architectural leadership for advanced and complex products and projects based on deep and extensive architectural and technical knowledge. This position is an expert in product architectures, but can also effectively collaborate and liaison with customers and will collaborate to define standards and incorporate new technologies with other architects within the business.
This position requires a highly skilled technical architect who can partner effectively with all levels of the organization, provide strategic thought leadership, lead and mentor others, drive results, provide product architecture expertise across multiple products and their technologies, and make challenging decisions.
40% Product / Project Architecture Services:
• Provides product and technology architecture guidance for product/project implementations.
• Leads and creates technical architectures for the most advanced and complex products and their associated projects.
• Provides guidance and architectural oversight during product story development, business analysis, design, development/engineering, QA/testing, and implementation/release to ensure that the end to end product solution remains aligned to Format Solutions principles and the associated product target architectures.
• Provides architecture and design guidance to other Format Solutions product architects, product leads, and lead software engineers globally.
• Utilizing extensive architectural and technical expertise, guides and influences product solution capabilities of the solutions provided by software partners/vendors.
• Works across product and technology areas to identify and resolve complex and high-impact issues related to the inter-dependencies between products on major projects.
30% Architecture Strategy & Planning
• Guides and influences architecture standards and capabilities based on industry, economic principles, and Format Solutions delivery experiences.
• Maintains extensive knowledge of industry trends in the Nutrition, software technology, and product architecture spaces.
• Advises and consults with product management about new innovation opportunities based on technology changes in industry.
• Leads efforts to create and maintain strategic roadmaps for technologies that drive value.
• Lead major initiatives that assess new solutions or rationalize existing solutions.
• Creates, harvests, and maintains architecture assets.
• Drives improvement of architecture methodology and services.
• Participates in Format Solutions Architecture COE, driving architectural consistency and improvements across our products.
• Establishes metrics and monitors compliance of architecture solutions.
20% Architecture Consulting:
• Provides strategic consultation and recommendations for our customers for large complex products/projects prior to formal project initiation.
• Assists in the definition of strategic architecture and technology opportunities across Format Solutions product teams.
• Participates in architecture reviews.
10% Other Responsibilities (may include some or all of the following):
• Prepare and execute architectural and capability training for architects and technical leads.
• Mentor others on architectural patterns, architectural standards, and solution designs.
• Contribute to or prepare project estimations based on solution architecture.
• Assist in the selection of employees and 3rd party resources and provide input on future workforce needs.
• Work activities on occasion may require work during non-standard business hours.
• Ability to travel internationally up to 20%.
If selected for an interview, you will be required to submit signed copies of your last two performance reviews. (A completed e-PMP is considered a signed copy).
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business, or 10 years equivalent experience.
· 10 years of software development experience.
· 6 years of direct commercial product architecture experience.
· 2 years implementing commercial products using an Agile development approach/methodology.
· Experience working with customers to evaluate business needs and define requirements and architectures.
· Strong conceptual strength, strategic thinking, problem solving, technical and analytical skills.
· Ability to influence all levels of the organization.
· Proven record of interacting with multiple teams to gather architectural requirements and translate into a commercial solution.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate technical and business information effectively to both technical and non-technical people.
· Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
· Established skills in identifying and developing technical strategies to address change management issues.
· Proven experience leading, developing, and influencing teams in a global, matrixed organization.
· Business fluency in English.
· Familiarity with Agile Scrum development methodology.
· Familiarity with SDLC.
· Experience leading technology assessments.
· Experience with business case development.
· Experience with multiple technology platforms.Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
Job Information Technology
Primary Location US-MN-Hopkins
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Apply for Product Architect
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly